What's the fastest speed you've traveled in a car?
Feb 19, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #121 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by kentamcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think 135 in a MINIVAN is at least as insane as 200 in a Ferrari. Was it while on the phone with five screeming kids in the back, late to soccor practice?

nah, it was on a rural road, although i probably didn't need to post that because i wasn't the one driving- however i was the reason we were going that fast. when you're driving back from grandma's house... then get a strange feeling. OH GOD.

diarrhea is a powerful motive!

i'll come back to you about how fast I drive when i get my full license

Feb 19, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #122 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Displayman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ask any of the guys who have been with me on any road trip and they will tell you that I was one of the fastest cars they ever rode in. I even got a ticket for 135 and reckless driving when I was out of the car for more than 30 minutes in Indy parked with 250 other Ferrari's and in my room when the State Troopers banged on my door and asked me to come out and see the Sargent. 20 Police Cars around my car and I was not even in it.

The President of the Ferrari Club said take the ticket or they will tow your car and you will miss tomorrows Formula One Race.... So I did...and that was an inproper ticket since I was not in the car when they found me and I was not speeding on the way back from dinner. But I took the ticket anyway and that cost me $3,000.00 per year surcharge for three years for that ticket. The Lesson here is fight all tickets ..... Displayman

Want to race some FDs?
smily_headphones1.gif
Bring it back to the good ol' days of pure sport cars!

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #123 of 124
150 mph but the trooper only had me on the radar gun at 75.... boy was I lucky.

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #124 of 124
175 km/h in my 1990 Pontiac 6000.

My greatest accomplishment was getting my 1993 Geo Metro to 155 km/h. The speedometer only went up to 130. It had hatch marks up to 140. I had to guess that I was going 155.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back