What's the biggest sacrifice you made for headphones?
Dec 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

tvrboy

1000+ Head-Fier
What's the biggest sacrifice you have made to keep your high-end headphones? Have you gone without medical insurance? Put off your chemotherapy? Lost a fiancee? Gone to jail? I remember one guy on here said his wife would never let him buy a car again...stuff like that.

Dec 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 32
I use the Ultra Dac, Ultra Balanced Amp and DP-supply from Headroom together with HD800 balanced - cost me loads of grief with the misses since I still pay off on the system even thought my family helped pay it of as I use it in my studies - cost me any more real financial help with the studies too. I think the concept is they don't really get how important that bit extra is.

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 32
Can not think of anything really.
Always had roof over the head, food on the table, good friends, transportation, some beer in the fridge, ..

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 32
I live within my means, so I don't have to sacrifice anything. If I can't afford it, then I don't buy it. If we all lived that way, and exercised patience, then maybe this recession would have never happened.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 32
I have put off replacing my hometheater projector for a few more months while I pay for my headphone stuff; Ed 8's , RX amp, & many ALO wires. The wife loves the Home theater hobby and hates the Headphones. Oh well.... at least I can't hear her complain
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live within my means, so I don't have to sacrifice anything. If I can't afford it, then I don't buy it. If we all lived that way, and exercised patience, then maybe this recession would have never happened.

This.
beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can not think of anything really.
Always had roof over the head, food on the table, good friends, transportation, some beer in the fridge, ..

Same here! (minus the beer
smily_headphones1.gif
) Headphones come secondary to other needs and fortunately, I've always managed to meet all other needs and keep enough aside to indulge in all my hobbies (Head-fi included).

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 32
Not much, really. I have the basics covered and audio gear is just for fun.

The only thing that sort of counts is when I bought the Si2A3. I didn't want to get into my spare cash, so I floated it on a credit card for about six months. So, I paid some interest on it.

I usually don't finance audio gear, but it was worth it to get the Moth. It's paid for now.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #13 of 32
I guess am sacrificing my ears. Even though I listen at pretty low volumes I always wonder what such long term exposure (listening for long hours) would do to my ears in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back