Whats the bestfor me for under 200usd?
Sep 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

borgqueenx

New Head-Fier
I look to spend no more then 200 dollar on some earphones.
My music tastes are nightwish, trance, and movie soundtracks.
For 200 usd i hope i can expect all i want...good strong bass but not sarcficing over good mids and highs.
Also the build quality is -very- important. And if it dies, i hope there is some good warrenty, wich will also replace the buds if they die of cable damage ect.
Buying used ones is also no problem if you got a good set:)

And a button for iphone control/mic is also nice but not a must.

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm a newb here but just having purchased the TF10's I would highly recommend them, from what I read here if you want potentially better quality and sound you're probably going to paying well over $400 for 4,6 or 8 drivers

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Multiple drivers does not a better IEM make.

I would recommend a look at the Etymotic Line of IEMs.

Good Luck with your search.

Jim

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I'm a newb here but just having purchased the TF10's I would highly recommend them, from what I read here if you want potentially better quality and sound you're probably going to paying well over $400 for 4,6 or 8 drivers

The TF10s sacrifice mids a bit from what I've read, so I'd shy away from that suggestion.  There are no universal IEMs with more than 4 drivers.  The highest is 4 which starts at 300 for the XBA-4.  However, that quality is a little lower than I'd like.  It's also out of the OP's price range. 

@OP: Here are some suggestions:
  1. Dunu DN-19 Tai Chi: These will suite what you want with the black tips and no dampers.  They are highly customizable with the damper and tip combinations to get the right amount of bass and treble. 
  2. Phonak PFE 1xx: They can provide some strong bass while still maintaining the mids and highs nicely with the black filters.  They grey filters are there if you want them, but I don't see you using them.
  3. Monster Gratitudes: They provide strong bass that digs deeper than all of the above (slightly more than the Tai Chi).  They may be a little veiling over the lower mids though, but details and clarity aren't touched really.  High end is a little crispy. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Multiple drivers does not a better IEM make.
I would recommend a look at the Etymotic Line of IEMs.
Good Luck with your search.
Jim

I'll agree with the first statement, but I know that there are IEMs that will be a better preference for the OP over the Etymotic (HFs I'm assuming). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back