What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Jan 3, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #1,038 of 1,260
Please do you a favour and try the pearl
Ok, thanks! Perhaps somewhere down the road, but I made a mistake; I forgot one cable :)

So, I have two cables, Cinnamon to Mac (Apple Music) and Carbon to CD transport, which have different signature sounds. I wanted a clear and bright sound with CD transport so that Burson's signature sound remains the same.
I chose Cinnamon to get a different sound in the second line.
After reading the above, do you still think I might get something with Pearl?
I guess Perl might sound "like" Carbon, but Carbon is level up, right?

Cheers!

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #1,039 of 1,260
I doubt Pearl will sound like Carbon. It might be closer to Cinnamon but I like the synergy of the Pearl to my DAC and DAP since it enhance both of their strengths holistically while other USB cables tend to highlight one sound aspect at the cost of the other aspects

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #1,040 of 1,260
Ok, thanks! Perhaps somewhere down the road, but I made a mistake; I forgot one cable :)

So, I have two cables, Cinnamon to Mac (Apple Music) and Carbon to CD transport, which have different signature sounds. I wanted a clear and bright sound with CD transport so that Burson's signature sound remains the same.
I chose Cinnamon to get a different sound in the second line.
After reading the above, do you still think I might get something with Pearl?
I guess Perl might sound "like" Carbon, but Carbon is level up, right?

Cheers!
Look i bought first a AQ Cinnamon HDMI for my I2S to Dac, also for my Samsung TV Sound soundar and thought its amazing (Warm = Smooth). But after hearing the Cinnamon compared to my Peal a few days ago, it changes my view about the cinnamon. Its just not good sounding in everyway. The Pearl improves all areas and not by a margine. Its Day and Night for me.

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #1,041 of 1,260
Jan 3, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #1,044 of 1,260
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #1,045 of 1,260
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #1,048 of 1,260
Supra Excalibur is still my favorite after a couple of years. No need to spend any more. The normal Supra is also excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back