What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Jan 31, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #601 of 1,260
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #603 of 1,260
What are the top 5 USB cables? Any consensus? I might just get an Supra Excalibur ... if you know anything that is definitely better please let me know.

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #604 of 1,260
What are the top 5 USB cables? Any consensus? I might just get an Supra Excalibur ... if you know anything that is definitely better please let me know.

That's my vote.

Feb 2, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #605 of 1,260
That's my vote.
I'll watch your review again in a little bit. I will probably just go with that. I already have the OG Supra cable but need something shorter. :)

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #606 of 1,260
I might just get an Supra Excalibur ... if you know anything that is definitely better please let me know.
Get the Supra, it's design is absolutely logical. Separate shielding for data and power, silver plated conductors for data, tin plated for power. It's already as good as USB cable could possibly be. No doubt, there are some audiophile cables which could be even better due to better shielding, conductors, isolation et.c. But the price increase would be much bigger than actual quality difference.

It's really easy to pick up a difference between cheap "supermarket grade" USB and something like Supra or Furutech. The difference between $100 and $1 000 USB cable is subtle IMO. I generally like audiophile cables, but USB would be the last thing that I'll put serious money into.

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #607 of 1,260
Get the Supra, it's design is absolutely logical. Separate shielding for data and power, silver plated conductors for data, tin plated for power. It's already as good as USB cable could possibly be. No doubt, there are some audiophile cables which could be even better due to better shielding, conductors, isolation et.c. But the price increase would be much bigger than actual quality difference.

It's really easy to pick up a difference between cheap "supermarket grade" USB and something like Supra or Furutech. The difference between $100 and $1 000 USB cable is subtle IMO. I generally like audiophile cables, but USB would be the last thing that I'll put serious money into.
I agree. Just got the Excaliber, 1m. Thanks.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #608 of 1,260
I have tested quite many:

Atlas Element SC
AudioQuest Carbon
AudioQuest Diamond
Curious original
Curious Evolved
Final Touch Audio Sinope
Intona Premium
Intona Ultimate
JCAT Signature
Oyaide NEO d+ Class S
Sablon 2020
Sablon Evo
Supra 2.0

If I had to choose just one recommendation it would be Intona Premium. It offers 85% compared with the best and has exceptional tonal balance. Investing more would improve bass extension and soundstage depth.
What did you think of the Oyaide ?

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #609 of 1,260
I have been searching for new cables for a quite a while but it is difficult to find a good USB-C to USB-C cable. USB-A to C would be fine too. This cable would connect my PC to the Cayin RU6.

So far an Anker USB-C cable works fine but I was looking for an upgrade.

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #612 of 1,260
For the money? That's a hard one.

I personally love my Shunyata Alpha USB. You can find these used around the $1200-1300 price point. Before this I had the Curious Evolved USB ($800?), and before that the Curious Original USB ($500). Each one was a definite step up in performance, but not sure where one draws the line for improvement vs cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back