What's the Best unknown TV comedy?
Nov 18, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #48 of 57
Apparently there is now confirmation that Arrested Development will hit the Silver Screen! I can't wait! After watching the first season and hooking my wife, I've just purchased II and III for under $40 and can't wait to finish off what is certainly one of the most remarkable Sitcoms in US history.

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #49 of 57
"The IT Crowd" is pretty damn funny. As the show's title implies, it's mostly geeky-reference jokes.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having some fun watching "Big Bang Theory". Here it's widely unknown, they broadcasted a few episodes on a third row terrestrial digital TV station. Had to download it to watch the whole thing. Probably it's a well known show in the US.

Watched Californication's first season. Quite good, I wonder if they'll play here the second one... I'd need to download it
frown.gif

Extremely well known, and one of the top series this season. It's one of Chuck Lorre's series which also include Two and a Half Men -- another extremely funny comedy.

TBBT is the best, GOT is the worst.

May 19, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #57 of 57
I Love Lucy - ABSOLUTELY Hated it..... Rest of my family loved it. Contrived stupidity fobbed off as entertainment.
The Honeymooners - GREAT
Get Smart - Supurb
Sgt Bilko - Great
Sha Na Na - TV series - excellent
Top Cat - Great comic seires
Paul Hogan Show - Aussie comedy at it's best that degenerated into unmitigated smut
Benny Hill Show - Brilliant British humour with lashings of smut and sexual innuendoes that degraded it's appeal.
MASH - Along with Get Smart, it has had more re-runs than the Indy 500. Still supurb.
Andy Griffiths Show -- Stands tall as US homespun humour and philosophy in one package.
Hee Haw - Country music and humout at it's best.
Laugh In - Rowan and Martin at their best........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back