1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What's the Best unknown TV comedy?

First

Back
3 4
Next

Last
  1. shigzeo Contributor
    yeah, i would say tog gear is a hugely known show. the others i have not heard about - top gear is in fact a de facto programme for some

2. vagarach

3. ingwe
    I voted for Sarah Silverman--but I would have voted for "Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Great Job" had it been among the choices.

4. Kirosia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I voted for Sarah Silverman--but I would have voted for "Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Great Job" had it been among the choices.

Why am I not surprised that a twisted old man likes such a messed up show.

5. RedLeader
    How is Top Gear a comedy? It's a car show.

6. leveller1642
    Not sure how "unknown" these are and they certainly aren't current as i don't watch TV, but I really liked;

The Larry Saunders Show
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Father Ted
    One Foot in the Grave.

I am looking forward to watching Californication when i get around to grabbing it on DVD. I have Weeds but haven't watched it yet.

7. vagarach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    How is Top Gear a comedy? It's a car show.

Oh, I'm not sure about that--there is comedy, for sure, just comedy that would appeal to 8-year-olds and those adults who can still channel their inner child [​IMG].

for example: Amphibious car pt1

8. Sherwood Contributor
    I watch and love Entourage. I watched and loved Weeds, but I can't tolerate it any longer.

Never watched "Sunny". Downloading it now.

9. Bunnyears Contributor
    If you've heard about it, it's not unknown. [​IMG]

10. boozcool
    I agree with vcoheda about shows from Cartoon Network. My absolute favorite is a show called Squidbillies. Its from a couple of the guys who made Aqua Teen Hungerforce, but I think Squidbillies is as funny, if not funnier, than the old ATHF

11. subtle
    Californication. The only show that gets me to truly laugh out loud each episode.

Nothing comes close to competing with HBO's old series "Mr. Show with Bob and David". Nothing.

12. Zanth Contributor
    I tried Weeds out (bought the first season) and just didn't understand the hype after watching it. With many saying the first season was the best I figure I'll save my money.

I don't watch television much at all. In fact, I'd rather rewatch Sopranos or Frasier than watching anything new however, I am very interested in buying Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a riot and I loved Seinfeld. Another one I would like to get into is Arrested Development which I've been told is the most brilliant comedy series ever. If so, I'm in!

Sarah Silverman...gosh, I can't stand that woman. Though her F'in Matt Damon video (and the follow-up from her boyfriend which was even better) is downright hilarious. But then, it was more watching Matt Damon try to sing that made the video rather than her and her lyrics.

13. Sherwood Contributor
    Arrested Development is, in my opinion, indeed all that. Really brilliant. It's the defacto benchmark for comedies post-Seinfeld.

14. Cool_Torpedo
    I'm having some fun watching "Big Bang Theory". Here it's widely unknown, they broadcasted a few episodes on a third row terrestrial digital TV station. Had to download it to watch the whole thing. Probably it's a well known show in the US.

Watched Californication's first season. Quite good, I wonder if they'll play here the second one... I'd need to download it [​IMG]

15. wilsynet
    SCTV.

First

Back
3 4
Next

Last