What's the Best unknown TV comedy?
Oct 28, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having some fun watching "Big Bang Theory". Here it's widely unknown, they broadcasted a few episodes on a third row terrestrial digital TV station. Had to download it to watch the whole thing. Probably it's a well known show in the US.

Watched Californication's first season. Quite good, I wonder if they'll play here the second one... I'd need to download it
frown.gif

Extremely well known, and one of the top series this season. It's one of Chuck Lorre's series which also include Two and a Half Men -- another extremely funny comedy.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozcool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with vcoheda about shows from Cartoon Network. My absolute favorite is a show called Squidbillies. Its from a couple of the guys who made Aqua Teen Hungerforce, but I think Squidbillies is as funny, if not funnier, than the old ATHF

Yes. And, I've seen them in real life. Seriously. About an hour's drive north from where I live.

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #36 of 57
Yeah big bang theory is great, along with Entourage. Ont he list, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, is great, but I had to vote for weeds. That is an amazing show. Now, The latest season was definitely the worst one, but it was still good.

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozcool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of British comedies, another HILARIOUS British tv comedy is The IT Crowd.

I came in here just to recommend this.

Insanely funny.

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #38 of 57
I would say "Coupling" a british show, very funny and it nails the couple dynamics in a much more straight forwards way then lets say "friends" ever did.

The IT crowd is good as well, however my favorite character was the guy who played Dunham ? the boss in the first two seasons...hilarious but he was not the main character.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #39 of 57
Oh, I dunno how well known this is over in the rest of the world but Flight of the Conchords is great too
biggrin.gif

There was also a british show that was on awhile ago. It was called 'Outnumbered' and it was also very funny. Not many episodes though and very unknown.

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arrested Development is, in my opinion, indeed all that. Really brilliant. It's the defacto benchmark for comedies post-Seinfeld.

agreed, only equaled in cleverness by flight of the concords and the select 'the office' episode

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anything involving Lewis Black or Bill Maher

Definitely. It's a shame that Real Time ended its season on HBO last Friday and we have to wait until February 2009 for new episodes. I love ending my week with Bill's political discussion and humor.

I still miss his ABC show, although HBO is better since there's no censorship.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely. It's a shame that Real Time ended its season on HBO last Friday and we have to wait until February 2009 for new episodes. I love ending my week with Bill's political discussion and humor.

I still miss his ABC show, although HBO is better since there's no censorship.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

I'm with you there. I look forward to his show every week. At least he'll be back with new shows in the depth of winter when a good laugh is always appreciated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back