whats the best ath headphones in your opinion??
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hankypanky2

100+ Head-Fier
i was looking to buy some headphones and read ath m50 is best. Then i read the A900x is better than the m50. Then i read its better to get ad1000 or ad2000 rather than the A900x. So what is actually the best. Please break it down.

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 4
There is no best. They are like colours, everybody can like another one . If you ask which one is flagship then i will say for hifi listening with open back it is ad2000x.

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 4
In my opinion? ATH-W5000 are my favorite. But like Gonomon said there are a lot of shades of difference - AT makes *a lot* of products and they don't all follow a single linear progression from "good" to "great" (like Grado or Koss does). It really depends on what you like - AT probably has a headphone for every taste if you're willing to look for it (and live somewhere that you can get most/all of their product catalog). Personally I like the coloration on their W series, and the W5000 best align with my tonal balance preferences (bright/airy/spacious/etc). Doesn't mean I dislike other ATHs - I like most of the ones I've heard over the years, but they can be very different. For example ESW9 are, imho, a very good sounding headphone but they're very different from W5000 - they're dark, bassy, somewhat narrow, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back