What's the best 10 driver universal IEM right now?
Nov 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

OneL0ve

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking to buy a 10 driver universal IEM this Black Friday. 
L3000.gif

I am currently looking at the Noble Audio Kaiser 10U or the Unique Melody Mentor Universal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 19
May I ask why did you limit to 10 drivers specifically?

10 drivers was popular when I created the poll, plus I've found that anything over 8 drivers is now over kill for me.

The Heir Audio 8.0 universal sounds much better than the new Heir Audio 10+ (more highs, same bass) and JHAudio Roxanne (meh) universals.

I don't currently have $1500 to get the new aluminum  Kaiser 10U.
wink_face.gif

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 19
10 drivers was popular when I created the poll, plus I've found that anything over 8 drivers is now over kill for me.

The Heir Audio 8.0 universal sounds much better than the new Heir Audio 10+ (more highs, same bass) and JHAudio Roxanne (meh) universals.

I don't currently have $1500 to get the new aluminum  Kaiser 10U.:wink_face:

Yes, I have both of them. I think they sound very similar although my 8.0 has more listening hours on it. The 10+ has more highs, but they have the same bass. Tested with X5 + E12A. The 10+ looks better as you get 4 new face plate choices. I asked for Camo but got sunny sent Sunset Jasper. I love the green and burgundy tho.

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 19
Yes, I have both of them. I think they sound very similar although my 8.0 has more listening hours on it. The 10+ has more highs, but they have the same bass. Tested with X5 + E12A. The 10+ looks better as you get 4 new face plate choices. I asked for Camo but got sunny sent Sunset Jasper. I love the green and burgundy tho.

I love my Heir 8.0... Thought about an upgrade to the 10's, but was told there was less bass, which I can't have. Sounds like you have a diff pov, and I wouldn't mind the 8s having a little more treble, and I do mean very little.

M
One of my shells cracked in my 8s, have to get it fixed, but I do miss them. For me, they are one of the best IEMS I've owned, ones that I felt connected to the music. Very special IEMS.

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 19
I love my Heir 8.0... Thought about an upgrade to the 10's, but was told there was less bass, which I can't have. Sounds like you have a diff pov, and I wouldn't mind the 8s having a little more treble, and I do mean very little.

M
One of my shells cracked in my 8s, have to get it fixed, but I do miss them. For me, they are one of the best IEMS I've owned, ones that I felt connected to the music. Very special IEMS.

The 10+ has the same driver config as the 8.0 except 2 more medium highs, so it should have the same bass. I can test again to check. I still prefer my 8.0 universals, but the jasper face plate is sweet.

Yes, they are the best IEM i've used so far, perfect bass. I hope mine never crack.

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 19
They were the first TOTL iem I purchased, and I honestly can say that using them has literally brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion. Absolutely amazing IEMS.

Hard to get an unbiased opinion here of Heir Audio, but would love to read some honest comparisons between Noble and Heir.

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #10 of 19
They were the first TOTL iem I purchased, and I honestly can say that using them has literally brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion. Absolutely amazing IEMS.

Hard to get an unbiased opinion here of Heir Audio, but would love to read some honest comparisons between Noble and Heir.

Both noble and jhaudio just went to full metal shells so I really want try them, but they are very spendy. Wish I had $1500 For a Kaiser 10U test.

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #11 of 19
Both noble and jhaudio just went to full metal shells so I really want try them, but they are very spendy. Wish I had $1500 For a Kaiser 10U test.

The metal shells seem good on paper but it's more expensive and the carbon fiber on the original siren line series are really nice... Should wait till these are released and give them a try do you have an local audio shop that lets you demo them in store?

Jan 3, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 19
   I still think they are better than noble k10u and heir 8 .
All of the owners agree that heir 10 has less bass but goes very deep ,mids are better on k10 if you like it on your face , while heir 10 is more clearer and better laid back but not dark just in the right position .
also the soundstage is one the best highlight of this iem ,it's on the same league with layla . so technically heir 10 is better than both .
if you can tell me how did you find the soundstage of your heir 10 ?
I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a39Bt3ahsik
and read many reviews all of them give heir a perefct score same thing with noble k10,but heir 10 is better.

All this is subjective so your opinion counts but to say the K10U mids are forward or "on your face" is not accurate. The K10U has a very deep expansive soundstage. It is the first iem I've owned that images much like a high quality full size headphone. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #15 of 19

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back