What's so bad about Bose?
Sep 14, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #61 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 901s were crap as well. My music theory prof bought a pair of them so I got to listen to them quite a bit. Thin sounding, no bass. In the '70s we had a pair we were auditioning hopping up and down on their bases squealing when attempting to play a Mahler 8 recording
rolleyes.gif
I bought Infinity Monitors instead (but almost bought the ESS AMT-1s with the Heil tweeters).

Well, don't forget I was quite young when I heard them. I think what impressed me at the time was the imaging, which was quite vivid (or so I remember) when they were reproducing large orchestras at moderate volume. I've heard much better in the intervening years (Dalquist DQ10s and Magnapans standout in my memory) however.

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #62 of 194
I own Bose MusicMonitor, and to be honest, they sound really good.

Well, not a really 400$ sound, but for the size, the sound is superb. Also, unlike other products, these speakers are well-made (all aluminum) and durable as rock. Added with remote control, it is actually fair deal IMO.

Same goes to Triport, they don't sound bad, they are just overpriced.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #66 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you!

we really don't need 7 bose threads in 3 seperate subforums
biggrin.gif

Besides, it's much more effective to get all the anti-BOSE bile into one place.
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Moral of story: Don't rip off an 18 year old kid for his summer job money. Bose is one of several companies who will never, never, never see another cent of my money. Turtle Beach is another.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #67 of 194
I've done enough bose/skullcandy bashing at this point, and I will not say more. It's pretty darn clear that everything that's going to be said about bose has been said in the past.

that is.. until bose starts building headphone amps!!
triportsad.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #68 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I merged 2 common threads.

Good job! Why didn't I think of that?

What's wrong with Bose? Too many threads about the stupid, crappy, over priced and over marketed pieces of junk!
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #69 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good job! Why didn't I think of that?

What's wrong with Bose? Too many threads about the stupid, crappy, over priced and over marketed pieces of junk!
wink.gif

they also smell bad
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #71 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, Bose makes good multimedia products at price of audiophile products. It is not bad if their prices are half of what they charge now.

So why don't they make their prices less insulting? Their production costs have to be lower than many of their "high end" competitors, given how much swill they move through the pipeline.

Q: How do we do it?

A: VolUME!!!

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #72 of 194
Why all there so many people bashing those who bash Bose on this forum? If a product is unsatisfactory and overpriced, it should be bashed. My earlier thread compared the Bose Wave Radio to the Cambridge Soundworks Model 88CD. I have both products and the Bose sucks. If it were $99, it would be a great mid-fi product for the money, but at $550 it is a terrible mid-fi product. I am bashing Bose but that is because their products suck. I also briefly owned the larger $1200 Bose. I returned it for a full refund after one week. It didn't sound any better than the Wave Radio.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #73 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why all there so many people bashing those who bash Bose on this forum? If a product is unsatisfactory and overpriced, it should be bashed. My earlier thread compared the Bose Wave Radio to the Cambridge Soundworks Model 88CD. I have both products and the Bose sucks. If it were $99, it would be a great mid-fi product for the money, but at $550 it is a terrible mid-fi product. I am bashing Bose but that is because their products suck. I also briefly owned the larger $1200 Bose. I returned it for a full refund after one week. It didn't sound any better than the Wave Radio.

I don't normally do this, but: X2.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #74 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So why don't they make their prices less insulting? Their production costs have to be lower than many of their "high end" competitors, given how much swill they move through the pipeline.

Q: How do we do it?

A: VolUME!!!

Oh, sorry. I shoud have used the word "sells" instead of "makes".
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #75 of 194
Bose is okay. Overpriced, but somewhat innovative. Stylish, but not up to Bang & Olefson (sp?) standards. Some like Bose and some of us like other stuff. I like mussells and oysters and some do not. Bose is a matter of taste, but then so are most stereo kit.

I've listened to Bose speakers and am not an enthusiast. There are much better offerings out there to be had. That said, if Bose be your cup of speaker or headphone, enjoy.

I've Bose bashed in my youth and now have decided that to each his Bose or not.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back