Oct 26, 2010 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

edpAH

Member of the Trade: Advanced Headphones
I've been handed the above to punt.

Any ideas what the above is worth / are they worth anything?! :wink:

Thanks in advance,

cheers Ed

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 7
Whiplash Audio used to sell them, or was planning to, so you should probably ask Craig.

Oct 31, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 7
Looking back I personally think I bought into the hype. Purchased an AMP3 pro2. Probably my least favorite DAP I bought...unstable UI which would lead to freezing, which forces you to pray it doesn't brick and find something small enough to reach the reset button, not to mention not a  very intuitive UI. Also, the ever constant hiss became annoying more quickly than I'd thought it would. The overall sound/presentation was pleasing enough, but it certainly didn't wow me. Also, the design with the sharp edges was begging to get dinged. In terms of using it as a dedicated amp, it didn't nearly provide enough drive (usually maybe a click or two higher in volume than the regular headphone out of a DAP), and you still had to deal with the hiss.

edit: I just want to say this was just my personal experience with the AMP3 product, and is in no way a reflection of my opinions of Craig or Whiplash Audio, as my experience with him and his company have been nothing short of positive

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Whiplash Audio used to sell them, or was planning to, so you should probably ask Craig.

i dont think he sell it anymore, i already wait my pre-ordered Hisound Studio for 1 year and 2 months and still not come to me yet

and yes, this is wrong forum, the right forum is "Portable Source Gear"

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 7
If you have a cheap one I may consider buying one.

However if my memory is correct the rocoo is no longer sold by Hisound. I believe that is due to a violation in contract that they were not supposed to sell them in China but still did so the contract they had was void. I could be wrong about that however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back