What's better the Cowon J3 or X7?
Feb 8, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #16 of 24

Quote:

I bought an itouch 4g skoob from bic camera last saturday, its quite good, i use the equ and equalizer apps to tweak it, and another app to watch avi movies.

Hi Expat,

I bought my wife a 4G I touch for Christmas. It is quite nice, but personally does not fit my needs of wanting to watch a variety of Vids, Xvid, WMV and other HD movies as well as wanting to load it up with FLAC files. So that is why I sold all of my high end stuff and am looking for a middle of the road PMP in order to fit both needs No reason to carry more than one gadget.

A

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #17 of 24

Hey I just found on head-fi a link to an app for the touch/iphone that plays FLAC

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/flac-player/id390532592?mt=8,
*edit:just saw it doesnt come cheap....but is there, haven`t checked for any free or cheap alternatives yet(just did seems to be a few cheaper ones.).

also there are some apps that enable you to watch different movie codecs too divxplayer for AVI etc.

My friend has the Cowon X7 and seems to like it. i can mail him and get more impressions If you want.

Get EQu app and/or equalizer App for your wifes ipod touch (4G) and have a play, see what you think. Coupled with my ibassoT3 (or without) it does turn the touch/ipod into a totally different machine.

********************************************************************************************************

extra info:

*The first few days I had low battery life, but read on the internet to do a restore on itunes, then set up as a new device not using a backup. and yes, good battery life now.

*Also read about airplane mode and turning off spotlight, and notifications etc for a longer battery life.

May 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #19 of 24
Really interested to hear about what you went with, I am seriously considering the X7 and would be so very grateful to hear your thoughts on it. Many thanks.

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #20 of 24
I'm loving the heck out of my Cowon J3, using it with my Sennheiser HD25-1 IIs and my Future Sonics Atrio M5s. I tried it with my boss' Audio-Technica ATH-700s as well, the J3 had no problems driving all of them.

But the massive capacity and insane battery life of the X7 really intrigues me... Be sure to check some reviews as the 4.3" screen on the X7 is often reported to be pretty bad, sometimes with the touch function being somewhat unresponsive.

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #21 of 24
am looking at both the J3 and X7 currently.  J3 32G + expandable memory card   X7 320GB ?  what is the max number of FLAC tracks these players can hold ?

tracks or number of CD albums ?

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
the j3 has no line-out option

Not true (or no longer anyway). You can buy the A/V cable for the J3 and it has RCA audio out. The drawback is that, as the cable connects to the same jack as USB/power, you cannot charge the player while you have the A/V cable connected (unless you hack up the A/V cable connector and apply some DIY magic).

Actually, scratch that. It seems that the A/V cable is only useful for playing videos. There is no audio signal coming out of the A/V cable when you play music only.

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #24 of 24
I have X7 more then year,I have also quite a few other players.Recently I use mostly X7,I am using it as mp3 superplayer - music and music video clips.
I am getting easily bored with my music selection,now I carry it all with me,so change of program is easy.It sounds best out of my stable.
And I carry huge collection of children cartoons and some movies,which I like to watch again and again.
Screen? - it is responsive!it is resistive - so you have to push-touch.It works different then capacitive screen.
Video clips are best in xvid.And remember to keep flash memory empty,you can dump there some photos,the rest:music and videos - keep on HDD.
There is no other hard drive player on market,venerable ipodclassic?X7 is stronger and more sturdy.(nicer design as well imho)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back