What's a good portable Amp/DAC for the ATH-A900's?
Dec 6, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Does it consume batteries? If so, do rechargeable ones work for it?

If I happen to plug this into a computer when I'm not carrying around the Sony player, would it still batteries if so?

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 8
SR-71 is not a dac. Look at the Pico amp/dac, rsa predator.

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 8
I'd recommend the FiiO E7 USB Amplifier/DAC, though it might dwarf your NWZ-E355 a little bit in terms of size.  However, I can fit my iPhone in my pocket with a big Otterbox case, connected to my E7 in its own silicone case, and your mp3 player looks much smaller than my iPhone.

The E7 works well connected to my iPhone with my ATH-A700, which I'd imagine is pretty close to your ATH-A900 in terms of sound quality and power requirements.  I'm not very good at describing amplifier sound quality, but it sounds good to me at least.

The E7 has an extremely long-lasting lithium-ion rechargeable battery which will probably outlast your mp3 player's battery.  It also has a bass boost equalizer with four settings, as well as other random features, such as two 3.5mm headphone jacks.  It comes with a short 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect you can use to hook it to your music player without having to buy an extra cable.

Because it is also a DAC, you can use it with your computer to play music while it charges the battery simultaneously.

The E7 also comes with a small silicone band to connect it to your mp3 player.  However, I'd greatly recommend you get some velcro tape to attach the mp3 player, as the silicone band might block your screen or controls, and your mp3 player might be too slim to stay put with the silicone band, not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back