Junk in the Punk
e.h.c (Extreme Hardcore Cowbell)
askcrater

Apr 23, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #69 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just use -> Ampl1tude
tongue.gif

haha i've been thinking of that too, i dunno if it'll work though, what do you think?

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #70 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just use -> Ampl1tude
tongue.gif

I like it. The best band names are only one word that makes a statement. It has to be something that would look good on a concert shirt, like Pantera, Metallica, Tool or Ampl1tude.
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #71 of 93
The last good one i thought of was Wine Stained Dixie Cups

Apr 24, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #72 of 93
I would vote for going with something witty that means something to you. x2 sorry wallets. Or maybe just "sorry about your wallet" - head-fi's official band. Or at least "diminishing returns". "New Old Stock"

Are you a senn guy? Maybe "the veil". :p
You're an ENT or an audiologist, right? There are myriad terms in your profession waiting for misuse in a band name.

Does one of you have an interesting name? You can band-ify it. Like how Bela Fleck has his Flecktones, etc. Or if two of you have the same name or are related, god help you.

lessee.. one of my friend's bands in high school was "the minstrel cycle". "fire at the pet shop" was also a band-name contender.

Man, I can't wait to have a band, but that's contingent on finding 2 or 3 other musicians that can stand to be in a room with me for more than an hour at a time first.
evil_smiley.gif

Also, always had a thing for deceptively simple names... I think you have to prove your mettle before you're allowed one. Like how The Easy Cure went to The Cure, or something.

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #75 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i liked my friend's band: "the daves"

/they were all named dave

There is an accapella band that c omes around to the bay area quite often called 'The Bobs'. I built a home for relatives of one of the members. They all appended Bob into their names
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back