what you prefer to pair with fiio x3
Dec 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hema

100+ Head-Fier
hi guys
recently got fiio x3
now looking for a headphone for them
there are many members owning x3.. so share your opinions about pairing your gear and which one you like with them

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 8
Its winter in Boston, so I love the "earmuff effect" and fantastic sound provided by my Grado 60's.  When I go out for a walk, the X3/Grado combo is VERY beguiling....

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 8
I liked it with the AKG K550 - midrange a bit too sweet-sounding for me but won't bother me in the long run as I'd consider the X3+K550 as a protable rig. I was actually planning on going with this pair even before I heard them together (which was at the annual Hi-Fi event over here last November) but weeks prior to that I ran into an ASG-1 on a real bargain (especially when one considers shipping and import taxes here), and grabbed it since it works well enough with my SGS3 (considerably better on the iPad though). Now I'm just aiming for the X1.

While I was at it I tried the ASG-1 on the X3 and the treble actually opened up a bit more. Midrange a bit too sweet but not too dark vs my SGS3. Kind of like the iPad, but that one's a bit too "flat."

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #4 of 8
i got he400 and momentum on-ear to pair with x3
x3 can easily drive moe and satisfy he400
ofcourse x is not neutral.. i like bassy sound.. instrument separation is good that gives more ground to he400 to play with

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 8
UERM if in-ear

Sennheiser Momentum if over-ear.....the black version is simply outstanding in design........anything bigger defeats the purpose of being portable....but if i have to choose a fullsize headphone, itll be the T5p

as for on-ears, I hate wearing them so that's a no-go

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #8 of 8
i heard that ie80 are bassy and x3 has warm
how the pairing sound bro

Yes, but bi-flange tips and X3 eq helps a lot with the bass. I absolutely love Ie80 and ue900 with my X3 but prefer ie80 more recently. UE900 bass sounds little muddy comparing to ie80 to my ears, even with the pin hole mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back