What would you recondmend for a newbie?
Nov 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kevinw2345

New Head-Fier
Hello i am thinking about getting a pair of custom in-ears to upgrade from my Skull Cany Ink'd. I am unsure of what to get because i love thumping bass, but yet still clear highs and mids. If anyone could recondmend anything that would be very much appreciated, i am looking for something under $1000.00. Thanks Everyone, HAVE A GREAT DAY

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 7
... A custom in-ear from Skullcandy Ink'd?

While it is not my cash... but you sure you don't want to make a smaller upgrade first?

EDIT: And I just realized you have made several threads in the past months saying the exact same thing. Haven't made the recommended upgrades yet?
rolleyes.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 7
i havent been on this Forum for like a year, and i did have a thread about this same thing, but i didnt have the money at that time. Now i have a new job so i can get some money together, so i thought with all the new stuff out i thought i would ask again. I would like something other than Skull Candy, i was thinking LiveWire trips though.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 7
I can't think of any custom IEM that has the thumpy bass as its sound signature. Universally, the most expensive upgrade would be the IE8. I think.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #6 of 7
Maybe try some universals first. Shure has a pretty warm sound signature (good bass). Maybe try the SE425, or if money is no object, the SE535. You can get custom molds for both through Sensaphonics (under $200 including impressions).

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Seriously, before spending so much money on a customs, I'd try some of the upper league universals (like IE8 or Westone UM2) and get used to the better but very different sound signature. Otherwise you will probably not be very impressed by or even disappointed with your new customs.

That is, if you really care to buy something that fits your needs. It seems to me some people just want to show of expensive gear to their friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back