What would you name your band?
Feb 27, 2009 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

subjekt32

Head-Fier
I don't know if there is another thread like this (I searched and couldn't find one), but here it goes:

If you were going to start a band, what would you call it? Is there a story behind the name? Is it a theme band? I'll start.

So in college my friend Annie consistently missed geography class.... well hell, she consistently missed other classes too. Hence she earned the nickname "Fail Annie".

I always thought that it sounded catchy, so I decided that if/when I ever start a band I will call it 'Fail Annie'.

Go.

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 100
Interesting thing to think about. As for me, it would probably be Heiden Wald. Its probably taken at this point by another Pagan/folk metal band, but it's always sounded cool to me. BTW, it means Pagan Wood maybe woods, my german has suffered in the past few months since I stopped studying.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting thing to think about. As for me, it would probably be Heiden Wald. Its probably taken at this point by another Pagan/folk metal band, but it's always sounded cool to me. BTW, it means Pagan Wood maybe woods, my german has suffered in the past few months since I stopped studying.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

This is actually my first semester of German. Guten tag! Wie geht es Ihnen?

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 100
My friends and I are getting a band together and currently trying to think of a name. One guy wants "Post No Bills" because he lives in NYC and apparently it's written lots of places. I'm not really sure what it means.. it sounds decent though I think.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 100
Ha! My brother and pick band names when we're bored. He wants to start a band called "Totenfuhrer" - means "Supreme Leader" in German. If I start a band, It'd be called "Bald Mannequins". All our album covers would feature shots of mannequins done up like band photography. You know, carrying instruments, wearing the band's clothing etc. only without wigs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Other good band names we came up with:
Tom Cruise (Hardcore Death metal, imagine the name done up in a real Gothic blackletter
biggrin.gif
)
Synaptic Shader 2.0
Sandpaper Needs Love Too

Whoo. We should write down more of them...
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 100
A buddy of mine has a band called The Cagey Bee Gees (or is it the KGBGs?). Wish I'd thought of it!

If I ever start an epic power metal band, it will be self-mockingly called Dragon Valhalla.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #8 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I start a band, It'd be called "Bald Mannequins". All our album covers would feature shots of mannequins done up like band photography. You know, carrying instruments, wearing the band's clothing etc. only without wigs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Andrew McMahon rained on your parade a bit there. Jack's Mannequin is one of my favorite current bands.

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 100
I've been in more than a few bands. The favourite so far has probably been "Blue Noise" for a blues funk band.
If i was to make a metal band... I'd call it arseburgers syndrome
ph34r.gif
Currently in an electronica band called NaN

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #11 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by adion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friends and I are getting a band together and currently trying to think of a name. One guy wants "Post No Bills" because he lives in NYC and apparently it's written lots of places. I'm not really sure what it means.. it sounds decent though I think.

This is brilliant because there are already signs for your band everywhere! Kudos to your friend.

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #14 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A buddy of mine has a band called The Cagey Bee Gees (or is it the KGBGs?). Wish I'd thought of it!

Frickin' clever person.
jecklinsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #15 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by subjekt32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Andrew McMahon rained on your parade a bit there. Jack's Mannequin is one of my favorite current bands.

Damn it!!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back