What would you improve here?
Jan 28, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #16 of 19
I received a Darkvoice 336SE as a gift 2~yrs ago...

I have a pair of DT880's that I wasn't happy with when using a FiiO E07K/E09K, so I asked for and received the dv336 for xmas..

Overall I'm happy with the amp, with my beyerdynamic DT880 250ohms which can tend to be a bit bright the DV helps tame this quite a lot and I'm very happy with the sound of this combo. The stock tubes are "fine" but meh.. I currently have RCA 6SN7GT and RCA 6AS7G tubes..

There was one rather HUGE problem for me however.. after 2~mos (so after amazon return window =\) my DV started having the right channel drop out.. after considering my options and deciding sending back to china / paying more than it cost to have someone work on it wouldn't really work for me.. I opened it up and tracked down a poor connection to right channel on the headphone jack, I repaired this myself. This amp would have been a paperweight after 2mos however if I couldn't have worked on it myself... may be a fluke but this was my experience with build quality / qc, amp has been running fine for 22~mos now post DIY repair however.

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #18 of 19
I received a Darkvoice 336SE as a gift 2~yrs ago...

I have a pair of DT880's that I wasn't happy with when using a FiiO E07K/E09K, so I asked for and received the dv336 for xmas..

Overall I'm happy with the amp, with my beyerdynamic DT880 250ohms which can tend to be a bit bright the DV helps tame this quite a lot and I'm very happy with the sound of this combo. The stock tubes are "fine" but meh.. I currently have RCA 6SN7GT and RCA 6AS7G tubes..

There was one rather HUGE problem for me however.. after 2~mos (so after amazon return window =\) my DV started having the right channel drop out.. after considering my options and deciding sending back to china / paying more than it cost to have someone work on it wouldn't really work for me.. I opened it up and tracked down a poor connection to right channel on the headphone jack, I repaired this myself. This amp would have been a paperweight after 2mos however if I couldn't have worked on it myself... may be a fluke but this was my experience with build quality / qc, amp has been running fine for 22~mos now post DIY repair however.
Just a heads up. I had this exact problem with the littledot mk2. it tends to be a QC problem with the cheap tube amps from massdrop/amazon

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #19 of 19
Current system:

Source -> Amazon Echo Link
DAC -> Peachtree DAC iTx
Amp -> JDS Labs O2
Headphones -> Sennheiser HD650

What would be the biggest bang for the buck upgrades here (excluding the Echo Link which I just bought and need for convenience in my setup)?

WooAudio WA6

Tube amps sound amazing with the HD650s in my limited experience with the combo. Also for a different upgrade try headphone cables, at least in my set-up different cables was a nice change. Though maybe figure out a way to rotate the new cables in in such a way that if there was no difference you could return them. As in some cases they make a difference and in some cases it’s a wash.

But headphone cables can be a nice tweak if your basicly satisfied and just want to dial in things. Also if you have had the system for awhile; your so used to the sound that the cable ends up seeming like a big deal, if you interpret change.

:)
Chairs, ahh I mean cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back