What would you choose v1.0: HD650 vs K701 vs DT880
Jul 20, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #76 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
I think we all know your fanboyism towards those cans so I can see where this is coming from. I also think that you're the one in need of cotton swabs (not hearing the sibilance with GS1000).

Point taken! You don't like them.

Yep such a fanboy that I prefer the K1000 to the GS1000.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

I hear siblance with the K1000, GS1000, and RS-1, but only when it's on the recording or in the equipment. I know you're a fan of rock and most rock recordings are littered with siblance, so I take back my harsh sniping comment. Maybe you are looking for something that hides the bad in the recording
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #77 of 142
Quote:

I think we all know your fanboyism towards those cans so I can see where this is coming from. I also think that you're the one in need of cotton swabs (not hearing the sibilance with GS1000).

I'm starting to think the GS1000 sibilance is like the HD650 veil.

IE, it is largely due to do with improper system matching.

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #78 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio

Don't start with this synergy BS. I tried them with two different sources (including very warm sounding Wadia 830p CDP) and three different amps. It just is there with GS1000. If you can't hear it then be happy and enjoy them.

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #79 of 142
Quote:

Don't start with this synergy BS. I tried them with two different sources (including very warm sounding Wadia 830p CDP) and three different amps. It just is there with GS1000. If you can't hear it then be happy and enjoy them.

Well, sir, that's total poppycock. I've tried them on at least four sources and 5-7 amps, if you count portables too. A few have it, a few don't. I was trying to be civil.

It's just as easy to label your BS as BS, you know. Don't be a moron, your ears don't override mine.

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #80 of 142
With my Headfive >SACD/Squeezebox> AKG 701s won my favor in the decision of a one can solution over the HD-650 which had overpowering bass and a deeper/darker overall presentation . I rather like the more natural even presentation of all music now with the silk fabric driver cover modification I employed to tame the highs slightly and brings an increase to the bass. Sorta a self induced 10% veil which is just perfect to my ear with my music & associated gears.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #81 of 142
Quote:

Well, sir, that's total poppycock. I've tried them on at least four sources and 5-7 amps, if you count portables too. A few have it, a few don't. I was trying to be civil.

It's just as easy to label your BS as BS, you know. Don't be a moron, your ears don't override mine.

There's nothing wrong with being civil but I've gone through this synergy crap like hundred times. It's always the same. Fanboys just can't accept that someone's hearing sibilance with their precious headphones so it must be synergy then.

I mean... if I hear it I hear it. If you can't hear it then aren't my ears more sensitive (with GS1000) than yours? Some people say that SA5000 is super bright and sibilant but I've never had problems with that headphone. Doesn't this mean that some people have more sensitive ears with SA5000 than me? And I used the same RP5.1 with SA5000 than with GS1000. If RP5.1 tames the brightness and sibilance of SA5000 then why doesn't it with GS1000?

I just don't believe it's about synergy.

I don't understand people getting angry when someone is saying negative things about their headphones. Nothing wrong in commenting back but then there are people who says you're a troll and "sniping" the headphone. Damn that still makes me laugh.

Sorry if I ruined this thread.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #82 of 142
Edited.

You know, I really don't care what you think. The instant you call other people's opinions "wrong" or "BS" you're not worth listening to, or arguing with.

Here's some friendly advice about the internet: Don't be a jerk just because you can.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #83 of 142
Quote:

Edited.

You know, I really don't care what you think. The instant you call other people's opinions "wrong" or "BS" you're not worth listening to, or arguing with.

Here's some friendly advice about the internet: Don't be a jerk just because you can.

You fanboys sure are burdening. You should try to accept the fact that some people don't like your favourite headphone and when those people write something negative about them it doesn't mean that they're trolling or sniping these headphones.

Isn't it quite obvoius that your opinion is wrong IMO if I have a different opinion? I mean...
confused.gif

Try not to lose your nerves next time I say something negative about your precious headphones. Okay?

I hope moderators will clean this thread soon.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #84 of 142
Quote:

You fanboys sure are burdening. You should try to accept the fact that some people don't like your favourite headphone and when those people write something negative about them it doesn't mean that they're trolling or sniping these headphones.

Isn't it quite obvoius that your opinion is wrong IMO if I have a different opinion? I mean...
confused.gif

Try not to lose your nerves next time I say something negative about your precious headphones. Okay?

I hope moderators will clean this thread soon.

Label me all you like. I've got a perfectly good label for you.

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #85 of 142
Quote:

I'm starting to think the GS1000 sibilance is like the HD650 veil.

Hmmm... Then it must not be like the HD650 veil at all.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #86 of 142
Quote:

Edited.

Don't you think that's hypocritical to say at this point?

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #87 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Don't you think that's hypocritical to say at this point?

Pretty much any argument you get into on the internet makes you a Hypocrite at some point.

Jul 20, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #89 of 142
How do we get to "Shut up" when the OP is asking for opinions. The key word here is "opinion" good people!

Gosh Dang It;=}

Jul 20, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #90 of 142
Oy here we go. Patu just do what I do, anyone that only has the same thing to say over and over... ignore list them. Really cuts down on the Head-Fi reading time and its easier on the nerves
600smile.gif

Another rule of thumb, someone elses opinion only matters until you hear the piece in question. Once you have 1st hand experience no one elses opinion matters. Only exception is if their experience mirrors your own, then you can trust their ears and their future experiences are valued.

Likewise if someone constantly has experiences vastly different to your own then what they think going forward is moot and again lands them in your ignore list.

Mine is long list
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back