What would be the best over the ear headphones for me?
Mar 24, 2019 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BounceHouse420

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting some over the ear headphones that have good bass and are comfortable and affordable. I do not have a headphone amp (my computer has an amplifier hooked up to it so it might be able to be hooked up to that with a cord) so that should be taken into consideration. I would like to keep the price $100 or below (without shipping).

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 5
You don’t mention whether you want open or closed back, so I am just going to throw some recs out there:)

Open back:
Superlux hd672 and hd681. The former has better bass extension whilst the latter has more quantity. Both sound like they should cost thrice as much. No need for amping.

Closed back: KRK kns6400/8400 (depending on how much bass you want, the 8400 is the bassier of the two), Beyerdynamic dt240, Ultrasone 480.

Lots of others out there but it’s hard to recommend anything without really knowing what you mean by good bass:p
For me fx that just means undistorted, detailed and properly extended while it for others possibly also means massive quantities of it.
We all hear differently.

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 5
I want closed over the ear headphones (sorry for not mentioning that but I never buy any other kind) and what I mean by powerful bass is undistorted but very powerful bass (not the kind that's just super loud bass that sounds like trash but good undistorted bass that is powerful). I mean when I get a subwoofer I want to literally feel the bass in my bones. Also, the headphones will be used for games, and also music and I know that it's hard to get ones that are good on all three at once but in order of priority it is: 1.) Video Games, 2.) Music, and 3.) Videos. Also, if it makes a big enough difference I have decided I am willing to spend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back