What will you do tonight to celebrate the new year?
Dec 31, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 39
last year, a my close friends met at someones house. before midnight, the electricity went out so we couldn't cook or watch tv. so while my friends and i were enjoying a 5-5-5 deal, the rest of my family was eating at a five star french restaurant.
good times...couldn't have asked for a better new years

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be kicking back and relaxing with the wife, watching Marx Bothers movies on Turner Classic Movies all night. Boring for most, just right for us.

A_Sr.

Same here. Watch a movie and have a glass of champagne at midnight. Too bad my wife does not enjoy Marx Brothers.

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #19 of 39
Spending time with my girlfriend, some of ours friends, and the family
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy New Years, all!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #20 of 39
I'm going to sit and watch Jules Holland on BBC2, drink Vodka (and some Champagne), get a bit tipsy, browse my favorite forums, get on MSN to any friends that are also staying at home...

Basically I'm just not bothered about going out tonight.

I've eaten too much over xmas, so my favorite shirt is too tight, and I've got the remenants of a cold sore that I've had over the past week, so I'm not feeling too beautiful at the moment.

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My hopes are that I'll be at the hospital watching my wife give birth to our new baby. She has been miserable the last few days with the contractions & hip pain, and just wants the baby out now.
(It will be a girl.)

Congrats on your baby girl!! I hope she does come tonight & she & your wife will both be doing great!

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:41 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Order pizza. Play StarCraft.

You should at least have a friend over and celebrate by playing together
smily_headphones1.gif

As for me...im out of town and im just going to dinner and back to watch the ball drop.

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My hopes are that I'll be at the hospital watching my wife give birth to our new baby. She has been miserable the last few days with the contractions & hip pain, and just wants the baby out now.
(It will be a girl.)

*Crosses Fingers* - Here's an early CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Me, I'll be heading out to the Muskokas and crashing what looks to be turning into a very big house party in a very small house.

Tomorrow will be ROUGH!

Happy New Year's everyone!

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #25 of 39
I'm supposed to go to my parents for dinner with the family and then stay to ring in the new year. I may skip the dinner and just pop in around 10pm.

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #26 of 39
I'm going into the office for a few hours this afternoon. There's a project I promised to finish by the end of the year, and I will.

A couple packages from Digikey and Mouser arrived on Friday. After work, I'll warm up the soldering iron and build a M^3 tonight. No case yet, but I'll finish the STEPS and the amp. Actually, three STEPS. I have two more for the Dynamid. This is going to be fun!

Dinner at some point and then pop a bottle of champagne at midnight.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #28 of 39
Staying at home as I've got a pounding headache, hideous cough and an incredibly painful stomach ache. On top of that, I need to revise for my A-level modules which are in 10 days :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back