What was your second mp3 player
Oct 29, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #16 of 36
4th generation ipod 20gig

because i thought i'd get rid of the static that i had with my rca lyra

little did i know that it was actually my crap 128kbps files causing the problems

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #18 of 36
i upgraded from a MuVo NX 256mb to a 1g iPod Nano 4gb... only cuz i got the nano for $22... ahaha

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My second MP3 player was a 5.5g 80 gb iPod. The sole reason I got it was because my 5g 30 gb ran out of space. For these very same reasons, I just got a 160gb ipod classic.

Lol, either you have a mind blowing amount of music or you are listening to FLAC? 80GB would last me for like a lifetime.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #21 of 36
I scoffed at my friend's 2GB Mini because it had an IBM Microdrive in it - I said I'd wait till they produced a solid state iPod.

Unfortunately I caved in about six months before the first Nano, and bought a 4GB Mini. After two years of importing CDs and buying songs from iTunes, I filled my Mini and bought an iPod Video 30GB... but I started ripping in lossless so it was full in 12 months... 160GB classic now - is half empty after all my music and every single episode of Lost and South Park from iTMS.

All three iPods still work perfectly and I gave the Mini to my mum, who's very happy with it.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #22 of 36
I bought a Sansa E250. It was completely unremarkable until I put rockbox on it. Now I love that thing! I'm thinking of upgrading it to 8GB if I can find one with a cracked screen on eBay for cheap (apparently you can swap out the memory chips fairly easily).

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:50 AM Post #23 of 36
My first player was a 1 gig Qube, it was an impulse buy as it was so cute. It sounded OK too and it now lives in a bedside draw together with a pair of Senn. CX300s.

After some careful research this time, my second player was / is a 4 gig Cowon D2. My understanding is that the D2 is one of the best sounding players around, and I like its touch screen interface and ability to use plug-in SD cards. The touch screen is very good once you get used to it, and the D2 has a 50 hour playback time. But as it is a ’computer’ it does have some odd quirks with its file structures. I use it with a MiniBox-E and a pair of Grado SR125s.

Oct 30, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #24 of 36
My first DAP was a (terrible) Toshiba MEG201. My second was an H120. The Toshiba proved useful since its HDD is now in my iriver. My other player is a Meizu M6 which I use when I need something more pocket sized. It's broken, though, so it'll be replaced soon.

Oct 31, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #25 of 36
Wow!
You guys make me feel really old!! My first player was a RaveMP with 64MB and downloaded through the parallel port. I gave it to my brother and it's still kicking around somewhere. I still have my second player, a Creative Nomad II which maxed out with 128MB of smartmedia. Still works great! I'm not counting my RioVolt (iRiver) IMP-100 cd/mp3 player. My first, of a bunch of, iRiver cd/mp3 players, love them!

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #26 of 36
My 2nd player was a 15 gig Dell Jukebox...still going strong for my daughter. First was a irock 256mb...cool little player.

Oct 31, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #27 of 36
My friend had a 32MB Rio PMP300 in 1998, pretty much as soon as it came out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_PMP300

It cost him approx $320 to import it from US --> UK and it played about 12 songs.

I couldn't believe how light the device was, but it was made of very cheap plastic, the buttons were fiddly and the sound sucked. I had a sexy aluminium minidisc player, just like everyone else in 6th form (age 17-18) at the time.

To keep the post vaguely on topic, I think his second player was a NOMAD.

Oct 31, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #29 of 36
My second DAP was the original 20GB U2 iPod. That was back when black iPods were a big deal. My first was an iRiver iMP-350 (if that counts as a DAP).

Oct 31, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by senny-ftw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend had a 32MB Rio PMP300 in 1998, pretty much as soon as it came out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_PMP300

It cost him approx $320 to import it from US --> UK and it played about 12 songs.

I couldn't believe how light the device was, but it was made of very cheap plastic, the buttons were fiddly and the sound sucked. I had a sexy aluminium minidisc player, just like everyone else in 6th form (age 17-18) at the time.

To keep the post vaguely on topic, I think his second player was a NOMAD.

Yup, the Rio PMP300 would be my first mp3 player. I got it about 6 months after it was released and I still do have it today with it's origianl box and all papers. I think I spent somewhere near $300 for it back in 1998.

My second mp3 player would be the 1st generation ipod which I also still have with it's original box and all papers. Had to purchase a third party software in order to be able to upload mp3s to my ipod from a pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back