What was your second mp3 player
Nov 1, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #32 of 36
I went from a Creative Zen Micro to a Cowon D2.

The D2 blows away the Zen Micro (sound quality difference is like night and day). ~40-50 hr battery life (unfortunately it uses an internal battery, so in a few years this will be a problem as the battery wears out, but would've probably moved on by then
icon10.gif
). Plays FLAC (should also play OGG, APE, etc., but have not tried). Plays videos (has to be converted to its own format which is annoying, but there are third-party converters that do a much better job than the included software). Touch screen is neat, though I miss having prev/next physical buttons for operating it in your pocket (there are physical volume buttons).

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #33 of 36
I went from a 128 Mb RCA Lyra to a 0 Mb Rosewill to a 512 Mb RCA Lyra. They were all nearly free, using coupons, free shipping, and rebates. All my players have had SD card expandability, so size isn't an issue except on long trips without my laptop.

Since joining Head-fi I've been chasing sound quality, not capacity.

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #34 of 36
Adam: iAudio M3L, because it was the best there was (in my pre-headfi universe 2,5 years ago)

Kain: Kenwood HD30GB9, because it's the best.

Nov 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #35 of 36
My first MP3 player played 3.5" mini cd's! I bought it in the year 2000 and it still works today. I've got about 15 little CDs crammed with albums. Served me well through many festivals! I believe the make was Freecom BeatMan or something?

Nov 3, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #36 of 36
My second player is what I have currently- The Sony A818 8 gigabyte player. I have more than eight gigs of music, but I really only listen to about six gigs on any given day (not all at once, obviously).

So, the Sony is fine for my needs. Iit sounds great and the drag-and-drop feature is huge feature for me. That, and folder organization.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back