What was your "gateway drug" IEM?
Jul 12, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #46 of 51
Shure E3C for me as well. This was back in 2006 (18 years old), then from there I bought E4Cs about 6 months later (ridiculous improvement), and then I decided to splurge for E500s again about 6 months later (another ridiculous improvement).

I went through about 3 pairs of SE530s through various Shure warranty exchanges, and finally I decided to splurge on JH16s. I don't regret one single penny I spent, this journey was one of the most rewarding experiences.

Quote:
My story is pretty funny and saddening in a way.

Back in 2007 when I was still using the stock Apple Earbuds :p I was 12 back then :p 

After that I went on a IEM trip and I got different IEMs, including IE8s, W3s, Triple Fi, SE530s and finally I settled upon the Um3xs. Which I stuck by from I think late 2008 / early 2009 up till May 2011 and I bought my first pair of Customs. ES5s :)

So wait a second let me try to understand this.

Between the ages of 13 and 15 you bought IE8, W3, Trips 10s, SE530s, UM3Xs, and now you are currently 16 years old and you bought $950 ES5s?

Could you enlighten me as to how exactly you have this much money at your age?

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #49 of 51
OK, here's my life story of how I got into better audio quality...

It started with me experimenting with different cheaper headphones when I was 10.  I used to trust Sony due to their durability (I never had one go out on me within 2 years time; it was a pretty good run knowing I owned 3/4 pairs).  Heck, one even went through a washer and dryer and came out sounding like new (the cable was stiff though).  They didn't sound half bad too.  Then I began to expand, I tried JVCs, Koss, other low-grade companies.  Then one day I decided to get some ADDIEMs.  They were actually quite good (even at the 80 dollar price mark).  That's when it happened :p  After that, I went to the RE0s and now I'm using Etymotics' HF2s as my mains.  I have other favorites too.

Jul 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #50 of 51
HJE900 they always find away to lose themselves or get destroyed mostly my fault but i still gravitate to them time and time again i love their sound

Jul 22, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #51 of 51
Koss spark plugs which sounded great for the price I paid, but honestly I took enjoyment in destroying the in line mute button.

Then I found my way here, found a shop in my area that had headphones that were recommended and found a pair that I was able to try. They were ath-ck7....now my wallet cries

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back