What was your first mp3 player...?
Oct 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 63
Sansa Fuze 4GB, with an 8GB card, when the Fuze was first released. I didn't think I'd ever fill up that much space with music......lol.  If only I knew then how much music I would have now. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 63
Jazpiper MV32P, otherwise known as its OEM name, MPIO SV32. Released in mid1999 and take a SmartMedia card. Still in fully working condition but unfortunately I can't sync music onto the on-board memory any more as PC maker stop including parallel printer port on PC over 6 years ago :wink:

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 63
iPod Nano 1G - 2GB I found on a local throw out in our area about three years ago. Still holds excellent charge too, now merely used for burn in duties.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 63
Creative Zen Micro 4GB - I got it like 7 or so years when I was finishing high school, It was a pretty radical change from my sony de220 and carrying CDs everywhere.

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #8 of 63
Creative Zen Xtra back in 2004. Still have it kicking around somewhere, though the headphone jack is broke.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 63
Diamond Rio 32MB from 1998
Space for 1 album :)

I had it for a couple of months, sold it and switched to my minidisc player again :)
My first good mp3 player was the 1st generation iPod. Very expensive in 2001 for a 20-year old student, but maybe the greatest leap in DAPs in history.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 63
I had an MPIO 256mb player. I don't remember what it was called but it was smaller than an iPod shuffle and I broke the screen on it a week after I got it. Ever since then I just used the hardware buttons, which were perfectly fine. Lost the weird 3.5mm to USB transfer bit it came with though.

I got a PSP-2000 afterwards.
Used an iPod mini for a long time. I seem to have misplaced it, but it is the only item from that era that still works.
I replaced it with Sansa Clip, Clip+ but those were lost. :frowning2:
Now I just use iPhone 4. I love the iPhone 4. Clean analytical sound. I use it to drive my 555s and I should have monoprice 8250 coming in today.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 63
Don't remember the name but it was a pale blue box with a 2 line display from Taiwan to which you could add your own 3 1/2" hdd and was about 4 times the size of the original iPod. I guss this was 1996-97'ish and had about 2-3 hours battery time per charge

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 63
Iriver 120.  Still going strong today unmodded.  Original battery still holds a 5 hour charge.  My colleagues been through at least two ipods in that time!

Cheers

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #13 of 63
Mine was a Freecom Beatman - it takes 8cm CDs which hold a whopping 185mb!  Still have it in a drawer but haven't used it in years.

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #14 of 63
The Sansa Fuze was my first MP3 player, but back then I wasn't into audio and headphones and stuff, to me it was just a cheap ipod wannabe, I was embarrassed of it. I was surprise so many people recommending a cheap ipod look-a-like. 
Now I use it everyday, more than my ipods.

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #15 of 63
Bingo!same me!I did not remember the name,you have reminded me.I gave it also to my family for Xmas,telling them to keep it for next generation,it was historical device.
That dreadfull association of music producers(f.*#!k its name!) had gone to court trying to ban it!they lost of course - www.head-fi.org wouldnt exist?
But I did not use it much myself.The first mp3 player,which I enjoyed really I bought in HongKong Gadgets Street, it had name Hyundai,it was small
with string to hang on my neck,one R6 battery,512m memory - enough to contain some music selection.
Later I became fan of Meizu M6.the first mp4 I had - and the best in the world at this time,much better then  I-pod from Apple.
I use it even today.
Quote:
Diamond Rio 32MB from 1998
Space for 1 album :)

I had it for a couple of months, sold it and switched to my minidisc player again :)
My first good mp3 player was the 1st generation iPod. Very expensive in 2001 for a 20-year old student, but maybe the greatest leap in DAPs in history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back