What was your first Headphone?
Sep 19, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #31 of 115
My first headphones were some cheap Panasonic buds that came with the CD player. After that came some SVEN full sized headphones. After my brother accidentally stepped on them, I got some Sennheiser HD437. After a pretty long time, when I was considering to get a 5.5th gen iPod (rest in piece, I loved you
frown.gif
), I stumbled upon Head-Fi. (don't know how that happened). So, I got V-Moda Vibes (dead, wasn't really happy with them). But since, I think, July this year I'm a very happy Sennheiser HD595 owner. But, damn, there are already some upgrade ideas in my head. The bloody Head-Fi effect.

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #32 of 115
All kinds of cheap crap from buds to some portable headband headphones, though I always wanted good headphone but my dad always objected. Finally, my first real headphones which I bought myself were Koss KTX/Pro original one, and what a good headphone it was!

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #33 of 115
1st headphones for me were a pair of great big Sansui cans in late 70's. They were "required" to attend piano lessons. I also used 'em on whatever stereo we had then. Volume knob on each cup. Can't remember model #. Circumaural, tan and black, sealed, coiled cord. After replacing the plug a few times I donated them to a friend, because...

...then I got Radio Shack PRO-60? PRO-90? Can't remember -- mid 80's. Big, circumaural, closed, foam pads, made by Koss. Sounded !@#!#! awesome to me back then.

...lost em, somehow, when I joined the usaf, then a long string of stock came-with-player garbage, then a sony 7506, then akg 271, then esx51.. and the madness shall continue.

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #34 of 115
The first worth mentioning were the Grado SR60.

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #36 of 115
My first can was portapro. My first 'serious' can was hd590

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #38 of 115
Had a pair of Koss back in the 80's that were similar in style to the Senn 414 except they were brown. I gave them to my older brather a long time ago and wish I didn't...they sounded pretty good from what I can remember.

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #39 of 115
My first pair of headphones was a Koss Pro-100. Has the same drivers as the KSC-35. Still have them, and they work and sound great.
biggrin.gif
Too bad they keep falling apart on my head.
redface.gif
My dad bought them before I was born sometimes in the 80s, and have always listened to them when I was little.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #41 of 115
they were Sony circum-aurals that may have come with my dad's portable reel-to-reel integrated stereo.

No idea on the model number. They had ivory cups and green vinyl pads. And paper cone drivers.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #42 of 115
The first decent phones I listened to were Koss Pro4a in the late 60's. I was in college so I couldn't afford them and spent what little money I could scrape together on a good turntable/cartridge combination then amps, speakers, etc. What I remember was how great the Koss sounded and the headache they gave me after 30 minutes or so of vice like grip. My first purchase was a pair of Pioneer headphones about 1973. They were uncomfortable from the moment I put them on. Finally dropped a lot of money in 1978 for a pair of Audio Technica electrostatics. They were comfortable and sounded great.

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #45 of 115

Users who are viewing this thread

Back