what was the most you ever paid for tickets?
May 3, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Inquiring minds want to know. Was it worth it?
biggrin.gif

You realy want to know? 100$ for two tickets to a show I didn't saw. I made hotel reservation for me and a new girlfriend and we checked the room...and....never saw the show. Was it worth it? What do you think....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement.

May 4, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 49
$250 a piece for seats to the 1999 NCAA College Football National Championship in New Orleans. The kicker was that we didn't end up needing the seats
580smile.gif

I did manage to sell them on e-bay for 300 a piece and hand delivered them to a guy on Bourban St. It's a bit tempting and a little scary to walk around the French Quarter with $600 in your front pocket.

-vtny

May 4, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #19 of 49
About $150 to see The Who this May 22 at MSG.

May 4, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
Pink Floyd at Wembley Arena, England: $150. Worth every penny.

You lucky [unprintable].

May 4, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
You lucky [unprintable].

If I told you that it was July 4th when I went the first time, and the 5th the second time, am I twice the expletive? What about seeing them in San Diego in 1995 during the Division Bell tour? I take a while to warm-up to new music from a group I like, and if not for that concert I would not have gotten into The Division Bell as much as I did. Man, you know, I need to find the tee-shirts I bought from the concert in England.

Needless to say, they were my favorite group of all time. Their music was always enjoyable. I liked everything I owned, including A Saucerful of Secrets. Very psychodelic, and typical for that time.

May 4, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. you [unprintably] [unprintable] [unprintable].

tongue.gif

I spent more to see them than every other concert combined. Those three concerts were also the best of all I ever saw. The Metallica/GnR concert was loud as all get out, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the Pink Floyd concerts.

May 4, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #24 of 49
friend paied $110 each for 2 Clay Aiken tickets.....LOL
true dumbass

[spelling error]

May 4, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #25 of 49
65 for a boss ticket

but i think the best bargain i ever got was a couple of months ago in Philly.

went and saw the orchestra there in the new Verizon Hall, paid 8 bucks for a student advantage ticket, got put in a $150 seat, middle of the orchestra level.

it was me in my athletic hoody and cargo pants and one hundred rich old people in fur
600smile.gif

very awesome show tho. got me hooked on bartok.

May 4, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #26 of 49
$100 per to see Madonna at the Continental Arena (Meadowlands, NJ) on her last tour, two years ago. Was supposed to be her final one
rolleyes.gif
. And no, it wasn't worth it
frown.gif
. Almost no one is, in those big stadium settings.

May 4, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #27 of 49
I paid appox. 1000US$ for tickets to the opening ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympic games.

In hindsight, it wasnt really worth it but a good experience nonetheless.

May 4, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #28 of 49
Oh, and my entry... $80 for two tickets to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. And the second ticket was for a girl who as it turned out had already bought her own...

May 4, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #29 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
$100 per to see Madonna at the Continental Arena (Meadowlands, NJ) on her last tour, two years ago. Was supposed to be her final one
rolleyes.gif
. And no, it wasn't worth it
frown.gif
. Almost no one is, in those big stadium settings.

Could a mod banned this member please....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back