What was the last movie you watched?
Oct 27, 2003 at 11:34 PM Post #241 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
the first in the indiana jones trilogy from the new box set, and just so everyone knows, the reflection of ford when he is confronted by the cobra is gone, thanks again george.

Would you mind explaining this? (Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?) Or just a link?

Oct 30, 2003 at 8:08 AM Post #243 of 456
Originally when grumpy Ford falls down in the Well Of Souls a Cobra rears up. You can tell or I guess you used to be able to tell that there was a piece of glass between Ford & the snake.

Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Would you mind explaining this? (Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?) Or just a link?

Oct 30, 2003 at 8:16 AM Post #244 of 456
That last few minutes of him with the butterfly... fantastic!

Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2

Great recommendation Archosman. If you are into the Herzog/Kinski team you'll appreciate this documentary on Klaus Kinski. So far I've seen Aguirre and I just got Nosferatu. I'll probably get some or all of the other three they did together. Maybe Fitzcarraldo next.

Oct 30, 2003 at 12:40 PM Post #246 of 456
awesome in the theater....double-awesome at home. My favorite comic book genre film of all time.
Superbly directed, photographed and acted character driven sci-fi drama with a breathtaking CGI filled second half.

John

bana.jpg

Oct 30, 2003 at 3:39 PM Post #247 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
awesome in the theater....double-awesome at home. My favorite comic book genre film of all time.
Superbly directed, photographed and acted character driven sci-fi drama with a breathtaking CGI filled second half.

John

as a second opinion on this one, I thought it was... _really_ bad
rolleyes.gif
I got dragged to the cinema to watch it by a friend and I had my fears, knowing that the main character was completely cgi rendered and it just didnt work at all for me, I thought x-men was nice entertainment but this one was bad. (sorry John)

Oct 30, 2003 at 3:51 PM Post #248 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by Bonkura
as a second opinion on this one, I thought it was... _really_ bad
rolleyes.gif
I got dragged to the cinema to watch it by a friend and I had my fears, knowing that the main character was completely cgi rendered and it just didnt work at all for me, I thought x-men was nice entertainment but this one was bad. (sorry John)

Yup...people's opinions are pretty much divided right down the middle on this one.
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Oct 30, 2003 at 3:57 PM Post #249 of 456
Quote:

fractus2 said...

They showed Rosemary's Baby on the tube the other day. Man I love that movie. A classic horror film.

Classic is right. When I took a college class in horror films, one of the movies we watched was Rosemary's Baby. Can't put my finger on exactly what, but something about it made it seem so much more disturbing than most modern horror films.

Also, last movie I watched was, appropriately enough for the time, Nightmare Before Christmas.

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #251 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
Yup...people's opinions are pretty much divided right down the middle on this one.
smily_headphones1.gif

John

I saw this one in the Philippines with some of my in-laws and wife and I was laughing most of the time, in a having fun sort of way. When he hammer threw that Abrams it was just hilarious. IIRC the movie was only 65 pesos/person ($1.15).

cool.gif

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #252 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Classic is right. When I took a college class in horror films, one of the movies we watched was Rosemary's Baby. Can't put my finger on exactly what, but something about it made it seem so much more disturbing than most modern horror films.

I like the movie quote: "Pregnant women are supposed to gain, not lose weight."

Nov 8, 2003 at 12:46 PM Post #254 of 456
I've already seen this a couple of times but just got the Criterion edition. Very interesting commentary that makes this worth the price IMO. Have not watced disc 2 yet (2 hour documentary of Ozu Yasujiro) and a interview. They say this is one of the top ten movies of all time. I'd say it would be on my desert island DVD list.

Nov 8, 2003 at 1:25 PM Post #255 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by TrevorNetwork
Texas Chainsaw Masacre (The new one) it was a -really- good horror flick. No cheese at all. I highly recommend it! My girlfriend was so scared ;p

I coudn't sleep for days. The last picture they show is sooooo terrifying!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back