What Was the First Concert You Ever Saw?
Nov 25, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #61 of 92
Glad to see that Mr David Cotton has it worse than me, as my concert was Bon Jovi, back in the late 80s. Still, when they played living on a prayer or whatever its called, I shat my pants of joy (I was 9 and I sincerly dug the #&/%€ out of that tune back then). I hope you got to see Magnum later on though.

My latest concert visit was quite good though, Seasick Steve followed by the Black Crowes. I cried.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #62 of 92
Hawk: you walked out? On account of loudness? Weak bro. Always bring those earprotections. Did you have time for "Jane" at least?

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #64 of 92
I don't really remember.  I've been taken to classical concerts since I was nine, when I started playing clarinet.  One very early memory was going to a big, open-air bluegrass concert with my family when I was about five.  I don't know who was playing.

The first big rock concert was in '90, when I went to see Elvis Costello.  Great show and he played a long time - abou an hour solo.  Then about five encores.  I'd say about 2.5 hours total.  I've been a huge fan of him since.

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #66 of 92
Led Zepplin, 1974 Chicago Amphitheater.

Unfortuantely Jimmy Page was so stoned and could barely stand, they cancelled the show after 3 songs and we got our money back.  Lots of pissed off people.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #67 of 92

Quote:
Three Dog Night

Wow, adding on to a 9 yo post. It was a weird concert, because it was opened by Mandrill.

Also for classical, we went to concerts as field trips once a year, 4th grade to 9th. My grandmother took us to concerts, at least twice a year, through the same period.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #69 of 92
Yes in 1984 on the 90125 tour.  Miami University (Oxford, OH)

Loved it.  Listened to Yes non stop for months on end.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #70 of 92
1976 (?) Halloween 
Frank Zappa and Alice Cooper
9 years old :)

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #71 of 92

Quote:
Yes in 1984 on the 90125 tour.  Miami University (Oxford, OH)

Loved it.  Listened to Yes non stop for months on end.

I saw Yes in Hampton, VA during that tour also. I played the crap out of that CD, was in HS.  My friend had a ticket connection and got us prime seats. I experienced the best quality bass ever for a concert that night. Still a strong memory of a great concert.

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #73 of 92

Quote:

The first big rock concert was in '90, when I went to see Elvis Costello.  Great show and he played a long time - abou an hour solo.  Then about five encores.  I'd say about 2.5 hours total.  I've been a huge fan of him since.

I saw him this year with the Impostors. Apparently he is know for playing long sets. Great show!

My first was BB King at the local performing arts center. It was one of his "birthday bash" tours. I think he was 80? Can't remember.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #74 of 92

1. "Lights" Steve Perry, Neal Schon 3:11
2. "Feeling that Way" Aynsley Dunbar, Perry, Gregg Rolie 3:28
3. "Anytime" Robert Fleischman, Rolie, Schon, Roger Silver, Ross Valory 3:28
4. "Lă Do Dā" Perry, Schon 3:01
5. "Patiently" Perry, Schon 3:21
6. "Wheel In The Sky" Fleischman, Schon, Diane Valory 4:12
7. "Somethin' to Hide" Perry, Schon 3:27
8. "Winds of March" Schon, Matt Schon, Fleischman, Perry, Rolie 5:04
9. "Can Do" Perry, Valory 2:39
10. "Opened the Door" Perry, Rolie, Schon 4:37

It was 1978, it was their second concert after leaving for a world tour from the Bay Area. Need I say more?.........Oh I saw it in Arcada California at Humboldt State University, a smoky, smoky place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back