What type of audio quality(bitrate) do you listen to?!?!
Oct 22, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #31 of 48
While I do have a 50,000+ song Lossy collection (left over from the days before I saw the light) I only actively collect and listen to FLAC on my serious equipment.

Lossy's occasional end up on my iPhone/Pod though.

I have to echo what everyone else has been saying though. Storage is cheap. On top of that video, which I had tons of, makes an audio file of any size seem tiny.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #32 of 48
Loseless whenever possible, since thats my archieve format. But really anything 320kbs above is fine with my ears.

For good songs with low bit rate, I'll still listen to them. Though I'll might try to get a better source.

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Loseless whenever possible, since thats my archieve format. But really anything 320kbs above is fine with my ears.

For good songs with low bit rate, I'll still listen to them. Though I'll might try to get a better source.

yeah 320 and above is good for me

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #34 of 48
A new tooth whitening product has been launched and its called Premium White Pro. According to the makers, getting a dazzling white smile is now easy due to new technological developments in the tooth whitening industry. Eggheads have toiled to set apart this product from all the others.

Want a free trial of Premium White Pro?

Use promo code "whitetoday"

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #35 of 48
A new tooth whitening product has been launched and its called Premium White Pro. According to the makers, getting a dazzling white smile is now easy due to new technological developments in the tooth whitening industry. Eggheads have toiled to set apart this product from all the others.

Want a free trial of Premium White Pro?

Use promo code "whitetoday"

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #36 of 48
My older MP3s are 320K, lame. Newer MP3s are 256k VBR V0 lame, I don't hear the difference to the CD and I don't need a lossless library because I have CD. On the other hand my 20GB player is bursting full and using VBR i can fit a few more albums on the harddisk, so...yeah...
But I just need the MP3s for my mobile players, I enjoy choosing a CD and putting it into the player. Kind of a ritual.

m00h

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #37 of 48
Most of my library is VBR and hovers in the 192-256 range. Space is indeed an issue as I carry my music around on my laptop and I'm already sitting close to 160 gigs and I don't want to carry an external hd around everywhere. My music is mostly pumped out through loudspeakers when I dj anyways, so the difference with lossless isn't really noticeable in my environment.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #39 of 48
Mostly 192k~256k, that's more than enough for my gear...

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #40 of 48
Almost 100% ALAC. Although I can hardly tell the difference between lossless and 192k mp3, I am too lazy to do the mp3 conversion
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #42 of 48
At Home:
90% Lossless (WMA) - I know, it's not open source, but WMP can transcode them for my portable player.
5% MP3 192kb/s or better - mainly things never released on CD (computer game soundtracks, rips from old cassette tapses...)
5% HD - except for one classical download these are all rips from my Vinyl collection

On the move:
100% 256kb/s WMA

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #43 of 48
I'm pretty new to computer audio - so It's 100% FLAC for me! I'm soooo glad I checked here before I started into it, Head-Fi has been an outstanding resource. I do have some 320 MP3's for my wife and daughter though, but they are all converted from my FLAC library.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #44 of 48
Me:

Ripped from CD = EAC FLAC
On the move: AoTuV 5.7 Beta Ogg Vorbis @ -q6.55 (~209.6 kbps)

If I could choose, I would use ~192kbps AAC but my Fuze doesn't support AAC.
I have scientific reasons for that Vorbis setting.

Vorbis and AAC @ ~192kbps > 320k mp3 scientifically via spectrograms.
Both Vorbis and AAC are far better more efficient, more accurate codecs (with AAC being highly accurate and most accurate out of those three while Vorbis has better compression).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back