What to get instead of Denon D7000
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kryten123

500+ Head-Fier
Guys,

For some time I have been thinking about upgrading from my Ultrasone Pro 900...and I had been considering the Denon D7000.

As Denon in their wisdom have now decided to replace the D7000 with those new Beats looking clones, the D7000 has become rarer than rocking horse poo.

So, while I try to hunt down a pair, I want to consider my alternative options too.

I don't have a desktop amp at the moment (just portable), but am looking at some DAC\Amp combo options.

Can anyone recommend similar Closed headphones? What do you think I should add to my list for consideration?

Money isn't a primary factor at the moment.

Thanks

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 7
If money isn't that much of a concern, I don't think you'll find a better fit than:

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-900.shtml

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Guys,

For some time I have been thinking about upgrading from my Ultrasone Pro 900...and I had been considering the Denon D7000.

As Denon in their wisdom have now decided to replace the D7000 with those new Beats looking clones, the D7000 has become rarer than rocking horse poo.

So, while I try to hunt down a pair, I want to consider my alternative options too.

I don't have a desktop amp at the moment (just portable), but am looking at some DAC\Amp combo options.

Can anyone recommend similar Closed headphones? What do you think I should add to my list for consideration?

Money isn't a primary factor at the moment.

Thanks

Heya,

Ultrasone Sig Pro
Mr Speaker Mad Dog with SR007 Stax Pads
Fostex TH900
Beyer T5P
Kenwood K1000
Kenwood (Victor) DX1000

Very best,

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 7
The definitive D7000 substitute/step up: Ultrasone Signature Pro - Fantastic headphone!

And the step up from that is the Fostex TH900 - also and incredible headphone. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks guys - thats a lot of food for thought

Initial thoughts are that, visually,  I am leaning towards the Fostex.....maybe the Kenwood Victor

Does anyone know how aurally they stack up against the Ultrasone Editions?

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 7
I owned the Edition 8, and have read extensively about the 9 and 10. The Sig Pro is the cousin of the E9.

Would you be interested in a brief comparison of the Edition 8 and TH900?

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
I owned the Edition 8, and have read extensively about the 9 and 10. The Sig Pro is the cousin of the E9.

Would you be interested in a brief comparison of the Edition 8 and TH900?

Hi mate,

I would definitely be interested in a comparison as the Editions, specifically the 8 series, really intrigue me.
I'll save the 9 & 10 for when I decide to add to my collection with Open headphones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back