What to get from Japan?
Sep 11, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbusuego /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just don't hand carry it. I'm not sure it's even a good idea
wink.gif

hahaha. i never thought about that. i hope they include a box explaining it is an alarm clock so you can put it in your luggage.

Sep 12, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #19 of 35
Buy some high quality jeans.

tasty snacks.

Music (well, make sure there isn't a US/international release too since CDs in Japan are about 30 USD)

and
Stax headphones. I got my SRM313 and SR404 in Tokyo at Fujiya Avic about four years ago for just over 600 USD for both.

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #24 of 35
Thought a properly made katana by a master is considered a national treasure, and not intended for sale outside of Japan/including foreigners who would take it back with them out of Japan?

Aside from the nice tech stuff. Japan's one of the better sources for fine vintage/premium denim. I'd probably do a bit of shopping for some clothes/collectibles (action figures. Regret not picking up some kamen rider figures a few months ago)

---

@ZephyrSapphire: did you make the satchi avatar? looks nice :D

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #25 of 35
Don't go too much for the whole fancy electronics thing. Almost anything you can get in Japan you can get here. Unless this is a one of a kind item, you can probably get it in America cheaper.

Get something one of a kind/collectible such as weird stuff from vending machine (used panties?)

What I would probably do is spend all my money on food. I've been really curious to try raw chicken, frog sashimi, and all kinds of weird things that would get flagged as a major health violation in America.

Sep 13, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooh where?!?! I must have one
biggrin.gif

I see it all the time in japanese grocery store

Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello kitty condoms and dildos.

um.

Sep 19, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by LobsterSan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Snacks? GABA neurotransmitter-laced chocolate balls are tasty and stress-relieving. Wasabi beef potato chips are pretty good too. There's also the giant Kit Kat bar.

And don't forget...
Gloomy Bear.

giant kit kat bar?!? dimensions please!

Sep 19, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #30 of 35
The giant Kit-Kat is like the size of a regular Snickers or so, but it's just one big long Kit-Kat. I'm kind of addicted to it.

6412large.gif

In addition to the giant Kit-Kat there were a multitude of special and seasonal Kit-Kat flavors that were released in Japan over the years... Cherry Blossom Kit-Kat, Kiwi Kit-Kat, Kit-Kat Azuki (red bean), Kit-Kat Kinuko (soybean powder), etc etc...

History of Kit Kat varieties

For a truly giant Kit-Kat, check out Pimp That Snack

kitlkat5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back