what to buy? on the cheap.
Oct 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BlackDiablo

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone

first post and topic on a forum. A bit rude, but randomly posting some stuff i know nothing about is a lot worse... right?
biggrin.gif

Annyway to the topic.

I am looking for a good set of all round(gaming,music,video) headphones with a loud bass. I use them at home and on the go. They will be pluged into an internal audio card on a pc and into a phone.

At the moment I have a Sennheiser HD418.
Not a bad set of cans.. but they fell of my head while i was on my bike, so they are way too loose.
and the bass is too weak for my taste.
they are surprisingly sturdy tough
biggrin.gif

I have tried out the fatal1ty professional gaming headset. The bass in it is nice but the sound seems.... separated. The mids and highs seem to come out of a completely different pair of headphones.

my budget is roughly 75 euro's bit on the low side but I'm cheap 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 6
AKG K518LE - they should be cheaper in the EU than in the US, right?

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 6
They weren't at first, but I've found them be more comfortable now. I'm still using the stock pads - but it's possible to replace them with the Sennheiser HD25-II's velour pads, which are supposed to improve comfort.

How big is your head size? I wear a size "Large" hat, and I have to extend them to 9 to 10 clicks (there are 10 clicks total). If you have a larger head, these may not be for you. If it's smaller, it should be fine.

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 6
i guess i have a pretty smal head.. i think

Ill see if i can find a place to try them out.

Any other ideas? i am looking at the 555(that 595 mod is quite interesting too). I know its way over my budget but if it is really worth it i think i can find some extra change between the couch cushions

That zino is a bit too expensive actually. I cant seem to find it below 110 euro's and even the sennheiser 555's are less expensive(88 euro's)

Welp i went to the stores. tried out a bunch and went home with the Philips SHP8500. The deep but not too pushy bass and clear sound realy sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back