What to buy IN CHINA???
Mar 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

henryhan

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So my sister is currently in China, and I wanted to know if there is anything to get IN CHINA in terms of amps?? does Audio GD, LD, Head-Direct, etc have their products available cheaper there??

Also, I am currently acquiring a pair of hd600 and have the HF2, so could I possibly get an amp recommendation?? Amp/dac combo would be bonus, otherwise I also need a DAC.

Thanks and Cheers!!

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 21
Little Dot, Ibasso, Yuin, HifiMan?

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 21
I'm not sure it's that much cheaper, you may save on the shipping, but you'd need the hassle of transporting it yourself.

For Audio-gd, I asked KingWa if it'd be cheaper if I went up to China and picked it up myself, but he quoted me the same price, and he didn't charge me for shipping to Hong Kong (or it was already included in the price), so I obviously didn't head up there to lug the thing down myself.

As for Little Dot, you may be able to find it a tad cheaper, but not by a huge percentage, also, you'd first need to find a retailer of some sort (unless you plan on running to their factory site, which I'm not sure they'll sell it to you there?), who, of course will take their cut, so in the end I don't think it'll be MUCH cheaper.

You'll save on the shipping though, that's for sure, and maybe 10, 20% cheaper at most.
You'll also save yourself the wait and the dangers of having an expensive equipment bumping around in cargo.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 21
I believe that the Little dot is about 10% cheaper in China, and the shipping cost is also much cheaper. The other brands are almost the same price. You can pm sword yang to order a 110V version.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #9 of 21
Are you going to sheng zhen ?
heard that that is the central location for china's electronics, and most probably many audio equipments.

who knows, direct factory price ?
biggrin.gif

Most likely no warranty though xD

many stuff are mic = Made in china now, but i also don't know where to go to hunt for them every year end when I go china lol

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #10 of 21
Where is she at in China?

I'm in Shanghai right now and audiophilechina.com will do free delivery in the greater Shanghai area. I considered ordering an amp from them but they didn't offer any with 110/220v switchable input voltages. I ended up buying a Woo Audio amp and Im having it shipped to China.

I can't find it at the moment but there is a place that sells Darkvoice amps considerably cheaper within China.

It's interesting, Tube amps are about these only electronics that are cheaper here. Surprisingly most all electronics are 20-30% higher in China vs. US.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by opelgt73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is she at in China?

I'm in Shanghai right now and audiophilechina.com will do free delivery in the greater Shanghai area. I considered ordering an amp from them but they didn't offer any with 110/220v switchable input voltages. I ended up buying a Woo Audio amp and Im having it shipped to China.

I can't find it at the moment but there is a place that sells Darkvoice amps considerably cheaper within China.

It's interesting, Tube amps are about these only electronics that are cheaper here. Surprisingly most all electronics are 20-30% higher in China vs. US.

She is in Chongqing right now, probably will be going to beijing and/or Shanghai as well

So, if I were to buy something, shipping would be a lot cheaper?? But the voltage would indeed be different...

I am quite interested if you find out the place for Darkvoice amps...would love to get a 336
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways thanks for the responses guys, hope I can take advantage of at least something

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #12 of 21
I'm sure if you look around, you could find something, but again, 10-20% price reduction at most, I'm guessing.

Taobao is a good place to look for stuff, but some of it is dubious... there's even some guy on it offering "imod" services, claiming to be the first in the world to do such a mod, heh.... it's cheap though, and comes with a dock, with some sorta caps....

I'm pretty sure she'd have better luck in Beijing, Shanghai than Chongqing. Shanghai would probably be the easiest, but prices of things there aren't cheap either.

To respond to what Junliang said though, if the goods has made it to Shanghai, it's definitely not going to be factory priced by then. =(

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She is in Chongqing right now, probably will be going to beijing and/or Shanghai as well

So, if I were to buy something, shipping would be a lot cheaper?? But the voltage would indeed be different...

I am quite interested if you find out the place for Darkvoice amps...would love to get a 336
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways thanks for the responses guys, hope I can take advantage of at least something

Well it's about 25% cheaper. I don't know what other sites sell them for but you save about 25% if you're in Shanghai and get free shipping from auidiophilechina.com (Normal price is $249+$80ship). Also email them and see what kind of deal you can get, almost all prices in China are negotiable and you could probably knock another 30% off.

Also you just have to ask for the correct voltage, they all sell both. The reason I went with Woo Audio is because I wanted to be able to use the amp in both China and the US and not have to carry around a huge voltage convertor.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #14 of 21
Please to express again, once bought, you own. At least when they ship, it's not yours until you sign for it at your door. With your sister shipping, it will be hard to collect on a claim from TX should something happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back