What tips with IE8?
Feb 16, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #91 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand which edges you mean.

But when I wear them the normal way. The driver housing will come in comtact with my inner ear( ear bones?). So the insert cant go too deep. Isolation is not good.

once I wear the downwards without flip flop. The driver housing slicks out of my ears for clearance and I can achieve a good insert in return a excellent isolation with large bi-flange.

So you wear them downwards without switching the cables?

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #92 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by bossnass15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You need to switch the cables when wearing downwards?
confused.gif
Why is all I am wondering.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #93 of 116
well. if you wear downwards and flipflop the drivers. The drivers will not stick of your ears. It will look better. But it didnt work for me cause it will still hit my inner ear.

Quote:

correct

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #94 of 116
I switched the cables and wear them straight down so the left driver goes in the right ear and the right driver in the left ear. Now I can wear them straight down and have it still a true left and right.

I need to have genuine Right - Left separation when I test my downmixes or i'll be all f'ed up.

Anybody else do this?

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #95 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I switched the cables and wear them straight down so the left driver goes in the right ear and the right driver in the left ear. Now I can wear them straight down and have it still a true left and right.

I need to have genuine Right - Left separation when I test my downmixes or i'll be all f'ed up.

Anybody else do this?

Me..but I'm still deciding whether to wear them this way or wear them without switching the cables..

Isolations good..but both feels uncomfortable after about an hour
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #96 of 116
Quote:

Me..but I'm still deciding whether to wear them this way or wear them without switching the cables..

Isolations good..but both feels uncomfortable after about an hour
confused_face_2.gif

I know it's like a little monkey comes out and starts pushing in on your ear bone after a while. I just noticed since I last posted.

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #97 of 116
I feel like a real idiot! I just realized that the double flange that came with the ie8 has a med size too
confused_face_2.gif
. I must have accidentally set the mediums aside the first day I got them. The large were working but not ideally, the small was too small. Well today I found the mediums in my drawer with a bunch of other tips I don't use. They are perfect
happy_face1.gif
. By far the best for me yet . Anyone not using theirs, I will trade an unused t500 comply pr even up. pm me if interested. I have four pairs of comply unused. Must be the medium size senn bi-flange.
I don't think there is anywhere the senn bi-flange are available yet right?

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #98 of 116
del griffith love your avatar, crank that cow bell yo hahah

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #100 of 116
I'll put in another vote for the UE medium single flange silicon tips (thanks soozieq!)- once you spend the effort to wrench them on that wide nozzle. They are very comfy, and are at least on par in sound with the black foamies that were included. I'll do an isolation test tonight at a noisy cafe I frequent. It's just nice to know that there's a readily available option that sounds as good as the stock foamies.

Update: isolation was only so-so in the noisy coffee shop. When music is rather busy it's fine, but when a quiet passage is in progress, I could hear most of the activity going on around. Granted the floor is polished concrete which is highly reflective, and there must have been 30 + people in the coffee shop, but I was hoping for a little better.

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #101 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anybody else do this?

I figured out that either way it is a genuine L/R separation.
just like placing your speaker upsidedown.

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #103 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone tried putting westone silicon tips on the ie8? i get a great seal with those!

and has anyone tried swapping the cables out with another brand?

The Grey or clear ones?

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #105 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone tried putting westone silicon tips on the ie8? i get a great seal with those!

and has anyone tried swapping the cables out with another brand?

How in the heck do you get Westone tips on the IE8's? Isn't that a major struggle since the Westones have the narrow nozzle and the IE8's is so much wider? Please describe your installation process!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back