What's pricing on those?
redface.gif

Here's The Zero BTW:

zero.jpg

And the Compass Lake:

compass.jpg

Feb 1, 2003 at 8:36 AM Post #17 of 33
Feb 1, 2003 at 2:56 PM Post #18 of 33
I am using audioquest amazons and not looking any further. they come up on audiogon for some decent prices as opposed to new.

Feb 2, 2003 at 5:04 PM Post #19 of 33
I'm surprised that I don't hear more praise regarding audioquest interconnects. You you think that I company that sells IC's that range from $20 to $2000 would have ONE that would be a known winner. The only one I actually hear about is the pythons. It's almost as if they have the 'Monster' effect on people. Too much variety smells like Mass Market Garbage. Oh well!

Any more IC suggestions???????????

Feb 2, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #20 of 33
I am on a quest to find the very best value components,including cables.I have been trying lots of really expensive interconnects and power cords,speaker cables and acoustic tweaks.The very best interconnect I have heard is the Synergistic Research Phase one.Priced at $2,000 it should be the best.The best value interconnect I have heard are the Acoustic Zen WOW!.I have heard better,but only marginally and at a much higher cost.My close second in terms of value and performance would be the Synergistic Research Looking Glass with active shielding.

Feb 2, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #21 of 33
Silver Audio Appasionata
Silver Audio 4.0
Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference II
Zu Varial (silver)
Luminous Audio Synchestra Signature Reference
Music Metre Canto

I think the last would fit your system well if you favor a rich tone with a forgiving sound overall.. The AZ is more showy in terms of soundstage and seperation. The silver cables bring speed, ease, and extreme clarity.

Feb 3, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #22 of 33
If you want a cheap reference cable I guess a great alternative would be Eichmann Tech. Express 6 with Silver Bullet Plugs... From what I've heard so far they beat Tara Labs Air 1. They run at about 350 US dollars.

Feb 5, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #23 of 33
When I first tried it in my system it blew my mind, and I'm still in awe of its ability to give an organic feeling to the sound. The presentation grows on you, as if the sound is alive. This is the purest sounding cable I've tried, it's definately my permanent one. I've not heard any of the super expensive silver ones, or the Cardas, however if ultimate detail is what you're after, you're probably better off with the tried and true (CNR).

Feb 5, 2003 at 4:45 AM Post #24 of 33
Oh, you can definitely get better than those Sinews alright.
very_evil_smiley.gif
You could even do much better than the CNR. But you do pay a premium for it...

Feb 5, 2003 at 5:04 AM Post #25 of 33
I have a pair of Acoustic Zen Silver Reference interconnects. There's nothing about the sound that wows you, but then again, everything that has wowed me initially, I have ended up hating. The Silver Refs are just so damn natural and spacious and cohesive...I plan on upgrading to MkII soon, so let's hope that brings even more improvement!

All these high end cables are ridiculously overpriced. But, they do make an improvement, and it's hard to go back once you try them out.

Feb 5, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by MooGoesTheCow
All these high end cables are ridiculously overpriced. But, they do make an improvement, and it's hard to go back once you try them out.

Agreed, sadly enough.
rolleyes.gif
Higher end cables have very nice degrees of improvements in soundstage width and depth, detail retrieval, background blackness, seperation, and decay.

BTW, did you get to compare the Silver Ref to anything else? Incidentally I'm considering dumping my Silver Ref IIs soon...

Feb 5, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Based on its reputation, I was expecting darker, heavier sound with the Golden Cross in place.....

Nope, that would be the Cardas Golden Power Cords, thank God! Almost had an SCD-1 for sale.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 12:06 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
BTW, did you get to compare the Silver Ref to anything else? Incidentally I'm considering dumping my Silver Ref IIs soon...

Not a whole lot of comparing -- I liked what I heard, consistently over an extended period of time -- not an easy thing to do.

I did listen to a Bolder Type II and a Stealth PGS. Sometimes I do miss the PGS; it was imbalanced in my system, but at times it just rocked.

BTW, why you thinking of selling off the Silver Refs? Itching to try something else?

Feb 6, 2003 at 7:24 PM Post #29 of 33
Cables overpriced? Can you really put a price tag on happiness? Well, apparently, the answer is a yes...

Everyone seems to like them Cardas cables. I'm partial to Analysis Plus myself - relatively affordable and designed by engineers with a proven track record.

Feb 7, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by MooGoesTheCow
BTW, why you thinking of selling off the Silver Refs? Itching to try something else?

Nah, it's a process of elimination I started about 5 months ago. I gathered 3 high end silver interconnects (Silver Audio Appasionata, Kimber Select 1030, and the Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II), and just narrowed it down. The 1030s went down, and it looks more and more like I'll be keeping the Appasionatas after 2 weeks, but I may need a couple more weeks to figure it out. Parting with these cables is like parting with a friend you've just come to know real well.

Only one I can still think of trying now is the Nordost Quattro Fil. There's not too many more ICs I want to try that I could afford. I'd be staring at Valhallas if I went any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back