What sorcery is THIS?
Nov 9, 2011 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

LegendaryLvl1

100+ Head-Fier

Hi guys 
have you ever seen something like this? I've never seen custom IEM's that have such a shape
Perhaps they just glued jewels onto the actual IEM?

If anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 27
Judging from that cable and the way it is worn, I'm guessing its a custom. JH Audio has a photo of T-pain's customs on their facebook page 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150114012744041&set=a.251648719040.136838.132292234040&type=3&theater
190093_10150114012744041_132292234040_6328389_5969978_n.jpg

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 27
Yea you must mean the design (custom art) and not the shape. Those bullet customs for T-Pain is definitely one of the most unique ones out there.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 27
Ahh yeah I'm talking about something like those bullet customs.
I assume they just mould the IEM with the custom accesories before it hardens.

Does anyone know of any companies which currently do this?

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #8 of 27
I like the bullet customs very creative.  I'd never get one for myself, but theyre very different

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #9 of 27
I also really like the bullet customs even though I'd never get that for myself either. It definitely stands out, and makes me want to see more designs like these. JH Audio's really is very impressive in custom artwork.

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #10 of 27
Really? Just this Head-Fier's personal viewpoint, which is no more or less valid than anyone else's, but I'm personally more impressed with skilled, accurate, graphics work, such as that by UM, UE, and Westone, than I am with sticking a view baubles or cartridge ends onto an IEM after-the-fact.

However, 'each to their own', as they say, and 'variety is the spice of life'

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 27

Quote:
Really? Just this Head-Fier's personal viewpoint, which is no more or less valid than anyone else's, but I'm personally more impressed with skilled, accurate, graphics work, such as that by UM, UE, and Westone, than I am with sticking a view baubles or cartridge ends onto an IEM after-the-fact.

However, 'each to their own', as they say, and 'variety is the spice of life'

Oh yes I agree that skilled, accurate, graphics work is much more impressive than a bullet in a shell. I just think they are interesting to look at 
tongue_smile.gif

I have never owned a pair of JH customs, but looking at pictures on their FB page I think their graphic skills are just as good as UM, UE and Westone. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #12 of 27

Quote:
Oh yes I agree that skilled, accurate, graphics work is much more impressive than a bullet in a shell. I just think they are interesting to look at 
tongue_smile.gif

I have never owned a pair of JH customs, but looking at pictures on their FB page I think their graphic skills are just as good as UM, UE and Westone. 

heheh! Fair comment.

I will say this much - I think there may be a potential aftermarket niche for 'blinging' (I hate that term, but since it is commonly understood, I'll grudgingly use it here) people's IEMs with whatever they desire. It bewilders me why people crave after the likes of Swarovski crystal', but evidently they do, so... I don't doubt that some enterprising individuals will accommodate this kind of demand.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #13 of 27

Quote:
heheh! Fair comment.

I will say this much - I think there may be a potential aftermarket niche for 'blinging' (I hate that term, but since it is commonly understood, I'll grudgingly use it here) people's IEMs with whatever they desire. It bewilders me why people crave after the likes of Swarovski crystal', but evidently they do, so... I don't doubt that some enterprising individuals will accommodate this kind of demand.

I agree that I don't understand why people like to "bling" their IEMs, as also the case with other electronics such as a phone, but yes I'm sure there are individuals who will accommodate this demand. I guess everyone has different tastes and as long as they like it, good for them 
smile.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 27

My respects to JHA (Kerri?, in this case) for the following artwork, which I can appreciate required quite a bit of skill to accomplish (I'm guessing it was laser-etched, then foil rubbed in?):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=475604978941&set=o.132292234040&type=3&permPage=1

Job well-done.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #15 of 27
Wow. That is really is a job well-done.
Thanks for the shared link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back