What song/album gave you your first eargasm.
Mar 29, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #64 of 79
You're the Inspiration-by Chicago.

I was flipping through the channels and caught a clip of this on an infomercial selling rock music compilations. I had to download the song so I wrote it on my hand so I wouldn't forget.

Then it was "Urgent" by Foreigner. That saxaphone solo closed the deal
smily_headphones1.gif
"That Was Yesterday" blew my head out of water (is that the right idiom? lol) and I hate to hear it on repeat.

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #65 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I know there is already a thread kind of like this one, but this one is dedicated to what song/album you were listening to when you had your first eargasm.(And at what quality if you know)

btw, I believe my first was listening to Refused are ****ing dead(The song not the album) from Refused

Before I start, REFUSED is awesome and that is SUCH A GOOD choice for that matter.

For me, I'd say it was Closer by Nine Inch Nails..
But I'm impartial because I listened to it while recieving a blow job.

Jan 17, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #69 of 79
Rush -2112 - 2112

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #70 of 79
When I was about 7, and I put an unlabeled cassette into my cheesy little stereo after my parents were asleep, and heard Arthur Rubenstein play what I still consider to be the best renditions of Beethoven's Moonlight and Pathétique Sonatas that I've ever heard. Unrelenting spine chills.

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #71 of 79
This is going to show my age....
When I was 15 I bought a Beach Boys Album - Surfer Girl took it home, listened to it and thought, what a piece crap. I then went out and bought Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced. I went home, layed on the floor and leaned my speakers onto my head so my head was in a speaker teepee and cranked it as loud as it would go without distorting. I have been trying to reclaim that same eargasm now for almost 40 years.

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #72 of 79
Nice
smily_headphones1.gif

ARCADIA - The Promise
Through My Little $500 onkyo system with replaced 2 front speakers
i could not go to bed that night
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #74 of 79
It's seems like along long long time ago, but the albums I remember where the quality was really amazing was Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms, Pink Floyd - DSOTM, Paul Simon - Graceland, and King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King, and all still sound great today. The first eargasm was probably The Beatles - Revolver.

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #75 of 79
It'd have to be the album "The Resignation" by Rx Bandits. If you listen to it on any non-audiophile system it sounds mundane, but once you plug it into an amp and some decent cans, the music is so complex that even after listening to it hundreds of times I can find new strains to it listening just once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back