What should Pink Floyd play at Live8?
Jul 3, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #77 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by chase
http://striker.dreamhosters.com/file...k%20Floyd).asf

i have hosted the aol webcast. it stutters in a few spots, but definately does the job.

thank you!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #78 of 123
What an experience...What an experience...

I got to see all the gods on the same stage...at the same time...together...MAGIC...

I am not ashamed to say that I shed more than a few tears watching the performance...

I still have goosebumps...

Jul 3, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #80 of 123
No shame in that, I was misting up a bit myself. And what an excellent set of songs they chose to perform!

So, since I've not been paying as much attention as I probably should have been, does this mean that they're touring again? I would kill to see them live in concert even just once.

Jul 3, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #81 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
What an experience...What an experience...

I got to see all the gods on the same stage...at the same time...together...MAGIC...

I am not ashamed to say that I shed more than a few tears watching the performance...

No shame in that at all..

The moment I heard those first lines haunting yet beautiful lines, "Breath! Breath in the air...", I immediately shed a few drops of tears of my own. It was my one and only demonstration of the majesty of Pink Floyd of my own generation - and even though I wasn't there myself, I was so happy that I was able to be a part of it.

Jul 3, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #82 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
So, since I've not been paying as much attention as I probably should have been, does this mean that they're touring again? I would kill to see them live in concert even just once.

I doubt it. Gilmour didnt look like he wanted to be there at all. But the performance was still stellar considering age and lack of "practice"...

Breathe was something eh? He hit the notes ON THE HEAD with the vocals...

Jeez...I dont think I can sleep tonight...and I dont think my neighbours can either...I am BLASTING "Money" on my speakers...and I am high...higher than I have ever been...and I dont want to come back down...

If PF decide to do a "Farewell Tour" I will be among the happiest on the planet...

Didnt I say that I would shut up?

eek.gif

Jul 3, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #83 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

Me too. What an awsome performance.
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #87 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Great to see those 4 guys back on stage again but Gilmour didn't look too happy.... good stuff tho
smily_headphones1.gif

I think Gilmour's face is permanently contorted into that scowl.

Roger looked like he was having the time of his life.

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #88 of 123
Why did VH-1 cut into the performances like they did? They didn't even allow the Floyd to completely finish "Comfortably Numb." I wanted to see every note. Hell, I wanted to see them take their bows etc. They continually interupted the performances all day. Lousy coverage compared to Live Aid twenty years ago. Having completed my rant, what I was allowed to see was sublime! Pink Floyd! Too Much!

Jul 3, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #89 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
Why did VH-1 cut into the performances like they did? They didn't even allow the Floyd to completely finish "Comfortably Numb." I wanted to see every note. Hell, I wanted to see them take their bows etc. They continually interupted the performances all day. Lousy coverage compared to Live Aid twenty years ago. Having completed my rant, what I was allowed to see was sublime! Pink Floyd! Too Much!

VH-1? I watched it on the BBC and there were no interruptions at all
smily_headphones1.gif

There's an 823MB download of the full set in digital broadcast quality if you want to see the entire thing... scroll down to the 7th post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back