What should Pink Floyd play at Live8?
Jul 2, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #61 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
OMG!!

What moron at VH1 decided to cut in during "Comfortably Numb" ???!?!

IDIOTS!!

-jar

Whomever it was should be drawn and quartered! What an idiotic move!

Jul 2, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #62 of 123
The good old BBC over Sky Digital for me. I've recorded the whole lot onto Sky+ (HDD Based Recording system in the UK) and it's going onto DVD's next week when I've got time to edit it all.

It's been such a great day. When Bob showed the original movie of the suffering in Ethiopia, I couldn't help but cry. It was nice to see that the girl who was almost dead in the video, is now grown up and has passed her exams (and is beautiful). If only everyone in that video could have had their lives turned around like her.

Let's hope the G8 guys can sort something out that can help these people... Without the corrupt governments of some African nations getting their hands on the money.

Jul 2, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #63 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua
Without the corrupt governments of some African nations getting their hands on the money.

That's the part I'm seriously worried about. The corrupt governments have done more damage than just about anything.

Jul 2, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #65 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
So, there we have it-- "Pink Floyd.... (featuring this dude Roger Waters on bass duties). Interesting that Gilmour was front and center, and then... oh yeah, that dude Waters, off to the side, has a song to do before we can leave..."

It would be fascinating to have been a fly on the wall to see how these gigantic egos resolved themselves into who would do what... Clearly Gilmour sees himself as Floyd, and this concert as a small side-show where that other guy, Waters, you know, who used to play with the band, was asked back to back up the REAL Pink Floyd...

The band is just fantastic that is really what I think
Oh and by the way, which one's Pink?

Sorry ... couldn't resist.

Jul 2, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #66 of 123
latestpic.jpg

thank you dave, rog, nick and rick

Jul 2, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #67 of 123
Am I the only one who found Gilmour's vocals a bit shakey especially in first song "us and them" ?

He seemed to improve as concert went on......but his vocals are noticeably dimished from album versions of songs done long ago (which is understandable considering his age now)

Jul 3, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #69 of 123
They played Us and Them??

I only heard them play Breath, Money, Wish You Were Here, and Comfortably Numb.

And by the way, that was a miraculous performance for their age and considering the anticipation, in my opinion. Gilmore's vocals were spot on, I believe, and Roger Waters' vocals had some problems. He seemed to not have that powerful voice that he used to... and is it just me or has Gilmore gotten quite large since last time I say him perform live (which was the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour)?

And I agree, the VH1 idiots who deicded to comment RIGHT at the end of Comfortably Numb deserve a death sentence. It was stupid! They didn't even have anything important to say - and they cut to comericals FIVE SECONDS before the song ended! That enfuriated me.

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #70 of 123
I think the vocals at the start were a bit shaky because he couldn't hear himself all that well. A problem shared by most other performers on live8 I think.
I was a bit dissapointed by Roger's performance. Vocals on wish.. were shaky and the bass work in the ending of confortably numb was 'experimental' in a few places.
biggrin.gif

I don't think there will be a reunion. People who won't look at each other (Roger and Dave) on stage is not a good sign in my book. Roger seemed to be up for it, judging by his comments on stage.

Let's keep up hope

Veto

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #71 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
The Who did the best performance of the day for me.

It was like a breath of fresh air.
biggrin.gif

Setmenu

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #72 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
I missed it
frown.gif

Anyone know where I can find it online? I don't get cable, so I can't watch a VH1 rerun either.

Arrgh, I missed it too, and after checking the MTV & VH1 lineups for this evening and into tomorrow there doesn't appear to be any reruns.
frown.gif

I can't freakin believe I missed this.....

If anyone has a link to an internet clip please let me know.

Jul 3, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #73 of 123
Well i'm well and truly peeved off. Here in Australia, the TV station is only going to show a 2hr and 15min condensed version of the concert tonight....stupid TV execs.
frown.gif
I bet Pink Floyd won't be included either!
It looks like i'll have to wait for the DVD release to see the whole concert.

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #75 of 123
I think they sounded better and more relaxed than any live performance I've heard from Pink Floyd since Roger left.

To me, they always sounded like this lumbering musical behemoth after Roger left..

Earlier today, "Money" was just fantastic, my favorite of the songs they did.. it had life, it had jump, it really did sound like 4 guys jamming, which is what I hoped for... Dave's guitar solos nearly brought tears to my eyes. I guess it was just one of those things I never thought I'd get to see. As I said earlier, I can imagine what it would have been like to have been there.. there must have been a lot of crying people in that audience..

-jar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back