What shipping speed level do you opt for when a package is being mailed to you?
Mar 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When buying or shipping I have been very, pleased with USPS Priority. The tracking is OK. Good price and fairly, fast.

There is no tracking option for USPS Priority Shipping.
If Delivery Confirmation is chosen (strongly recommeded), a DC number is provided.
This DC number will allow retroactive confirmation that the package was left at the send-to address.
But it does not tell you when to expect delivery of the parcel.
What is pretty predictive in the case of USPS Priority Mail is the general rule that Priority Mail will get to its domestic destination in 2 or 3 days - counting from the day after the parcel is taken to the post office.
Still, when I made an inquiry about a Priority parcel that did not arrive on the second day after posting, I was told that Priority packages may take up to 5 days.
Lately, however, I find most Priority Mail parcels arrive within 2 days of being posted.
Harvey

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #32 of 52
Unless it's something that is quite expensive that I need tracking info for, I'll take the cheapest route normally. Why? Because I have things shipped to a US address while I'm in Cayman. Then once every couple of months, I'll stop by to collect everything. I'f it's something that I "need" right away, then it's a matter of getting it there before I get there and on occasion that might mean paying for expedited shipping. So in my case it's generally a pretty simple decision since I won't be sitting by my mailbox waiting on a package in any event.

Mar 2, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #33 of 52
It depends also on the cost of the item to be shipped. Expensive items, I will pay to expedite. I would rather have them carried to the front of the line, instead of them stacked on and crushed. Riding in a Semi-Trailer, packed like a sardine. Thrown on and off the truck, tossed toward a conveyer...OOPS.

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #34 of 52
3day/priority preferably.

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #35 of 52
cheap cheap cheap...shipping to Canada usually means I gotta pay a lot extra than I anticipated
frown.gif

example sr60s...69+30$ shipping!! thats almost half of what the headphones cost!!!

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #37 of 52
usually slowest and cheapest, but of course, if it only costs like $2 more... i'd rather have it a day earlier! (depends on what it is too)

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #38 of 52
I usually forget I've ordered anything almost immediately so delivery speed is pretty much meaningless. It's always a surprise.
eek.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #39 of 52
Only Priority within US, AirMail international, but if it's something expensive, I'd opt for express international, why save $10-$20 on shipping of something worth 20x that much! I never understood that idea, sounds pretty stupid to me to risk losing something that costs hundreds of dollars because you don't have tracking or proper insurance, both of which cost a few bucks.

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #40 of 52
what a bunch of tight a***s. Next Day is usually only a little more. You usually get expedited priority and at least 1/3 of the time, it comes later than the gauranteed arrival time and I complain and get my shipping refunded. The last shipment I got, they missed getting it out and sent it the next day overnight for FREE. It happens more often than you know. Overall, it ends up being CHEAPER. hahahaha.

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by namelock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cheap cheap cheap...shipping to Canada usually means I gotta pay a lot extra than I anticipated
frown.gif

example sr60s...69+30$ shipping!! thats almost half of what the headphones cost!!!

And it's still less than buying them in Canada!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually forget I've ordered anything almost immediately so delivery speed is pretty much meaningless. It's always a surprise.
eek.gif

I love heading to the post office with a delivery slip wondering just what the hell it's for. Forgetfulness can be a good thing!

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #42 of 52
I always send my money orders, parcels by express, 5 Business days. Some times it takes a bit longer than expected.

Mar 8, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from the states i usually ask for the 6-10 one, i quite like the wait! its quite likely to avoid customs that way

within the UK, the cheapest

The funny thing is with this, priority is 6-10 days, and first class(cheaper) is 5-10 days
tongue.gif
Never quite understood that.

Well for me I really don't care as long as it's safely shipped. I must admit I used to pay way to much for faster shipping though.
For my customers I will ship out whatever they request, but I always insure and put delivery confirmation on CONUS orders.
For international a lot of people request not to have delivery confirmation and insurance to avoid the dreaded custom fees.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #44 of 52
Have to say it depends on item.

If shipping is FREE, I'll take whatever they are giving away.

When I buy or sell most online items, USPS Priority shipping has gotten pretty affordable and cost competitive if the item isn't too heavy.

Mar 18, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends also on the cost of the item to be shipped. Expensive items, I will pay to expedite. I would rather have them carried to the front of the line, instead of them stacked on and crushed. Riding in a Semi-Trailer, packed like a sardine. Thrown on and off the truck, tossed toward a conveyer...OOPS.

x2 that. I feel the exact same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back