what player do you guys use on your PC?
Apr 6, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #61 of 193
PC (Windows XP) -> Foobar2000
Mac (Mac OS 10.5) -> iTunes

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #64 of 193
Last few days have been using cplay,absolute bare bones player but boy oh boy does it sound good.
Will give it some more play time over next couple days,its maybe the way foo should have gone instead of pandering to the ipod masses.

Apr 11, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #70 of 193
I always find it amusing how people say foobar is so difficult to setup.. it's really quite straightforward. It's not like we're talking command line interface here, not to mention the numerous step by step guides with screenshots on exactly what to do.

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #71 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always find it amusing how people say foobar is so difficult to setup.. it's really quite straightforward. It's not like we're talking command line interface here, not to mention the numerous step by step guides with screenshots on exactly what to do.

Well, it can be difficult to get some of the more elaborate configs working... at least, I've never gotten any of them working for me (but I haven't spent all that much time at it). But the default config has always worked great for me, and there's no setup with that. I've tried the other players and I just like foobar, too. I just wish it had beat matching and intelligent crossfading.

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #72 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leb_CRX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be trying out foobar

awesome replies, thanks everyone

btw, does foobar support syncronization to ipod?

yeah, plug-in musicmusic's foobar2000 stuff - iPod manager

unzip to components folder. I've noticed that when you first sync, it says under "actions" that its about to remove all of you're ALAC, but doesn't, I don't know why it says this...
A big BTW for those of you long time Audiophiles not using Foobar2000. I only recently dl'd it because back when I was first turned on to it it was NOT user-friendly in anyway and required linux-like setup. The new version is very user-friendly and IMHO easier to use in an advanced way than any other program

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #73 of 193
foobar 2k

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #74 of 193
Winamp w/ kernel streaming.

I like the aesthetics of it, it can handle all of my file extensions, and I can dock it to the top of my screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back