what player do you guys use on your PC?
Apr 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #32 of 193
Windows Media Player.

I also have Songbird but its not stable just yet...and no EQ at the moment.

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #36 of 193
Foobar p*ssed me off with their internal volume control. ASIO should disable software volume and because it is not disabled, makes me wonder if it's changing the music somehow. But Foobar's programmers know better than everyone, and so arrogant...

I've moved on to Media Monkey. Its got a great interface and easy to use converter for Audio. And it uses just about every plugin you want. It works great.

I use Media Monkey with Otachan's .67 ASIO plugin (much easier to use than Foobar's annoying fubar ASIO plugin), and I use WinAmp's Frauenhoffer mp3 decoder.

So far it's been bliss.

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #40 of 193
foobar2000 for playback, MediaMonkey for file management
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
foobar2000 or AIMP 2 for playback. Winamp for playlist management (has a few things that make playlist management easier in some cases), MediaMonkey for file management.

*High-five*

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #41 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Winamp + Electri-Q. Gonna poke around and see if ASIO will work under Windows 7 and with my sound card. Also going to do this.

Yes it will; ASIO, KS, and WASAPI all work for me in RC1 build 7057.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Foobar p*ssed me off with their internal volume control. ASIO should disable software volume and because it is not disabled, makes me wonder if it's changing the music somehow. But Foobar's programmers know better than everyone, and so arrogant... .

I highly doubt software volume control is touching your music, and if you think it is then just leave it maxed if it sounds fine. I certainly agree about F2k's arrogant developers, some of their decisions have certainly scared off some component developers. It would be so amazing if they open sourced it.. but that's never going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back