What pisses you off while you listening music?
Oct 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #46 of 140
  here's what I really don't like. That moment when you start hearing how badly something is mastered... as others have said you can't un hear that once you pick up on it >.> 

That moment when you realize you probably won't be able to convince the producers to make a better master.
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #47 of 140

That moment when you realize you probably won't be able to convince the producers to make a better master.
tongue.gif

That moment, when you look online and see that there is 16 different masters of the album your listening to... and you can't afford to try them all <.< 

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #50 of 140

lol. Oh yeah, that's annoying too! (But usually not the case for most albums.)

maybe not most of what your listening to q.q 

Bad mastering, including the fallout of the Loudness War.

and yea, though I think it's getting better. Megan Trainors album wasn't too badly mastered [all bout that bass - singer] 

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #52 of 140

I listen to most genres, and I'm saying that most albums in general don't have so many masters available for sale.

Oh I know, I'm just pickin on you again Music

I'm going through a crap ton of Old Skream Tracks now! I have a HUGE collection of gawd knows where I got them from Downloads, it's time I get some proper Skream in my collection! 

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #53 of 140
  Oh I know, I'm just pickin on you again Music

I'm going through a crap ton of Old Skream Tracks now! I have a HUGE collection of gawd knows where I got them from Downloads, it's time I get some proper Skream in my collection! 

Call me Alchemist! =D

I've been meaning to get more into dubstep. I like this remix of a DJ Fresh song. It's classified as both drum and bass and dubstep, but I really don't know what the criteria are for dubstep.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #54 of 140

Call me Alchemist! =D

criteria are for dubstep.

Let me break it down for ya

Dub Step has it origins in Dub Music, which is Reggae + MOAR bass so a dub step tune needs riddim 

– is that the rhythm lacks the kick drum pattern found in many other styles of electronic music with a regular four-on-the-floor beat. A typical 2-step drum pattern features a kick on the first and third beat, with a shuffled rhythm or the use of triplets applied to other elements of the percussion, creating a "lurching, falter-funk feel",[1] and resulting in a beat distinctly different from that present in other house or techno. Although tracks with only two kick drum beats to a bar are perceived as being slower than the traditional four-on-the-floor beat, the listener's interest is maintained by the introduction of unusual snare placements and accents in the drum patterns, or scattered rimshots and woodblocks, as well as syncopated basslines and the percussive use of other instruments such as pads and strings.]then there's 2Step Wiki does a nice job explaining the style so there's a link 

but Dub Step should ideally be the mix of the two genres, Dubs heavy bass and smooth riddim, mixed with the Irregular Beats of tradtional 2 Step Garage music

Examples of this are 

Skream
Loefah
Benga
The Others
ect...

Skrillex is NOT Dub Step, he falls under the category of "break Beat" and break beat sounds exactly like the name [and Skrillexs" music implies. Broken Beats or Rythm patterns 

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #55 of 140
Know what really pisses me off, when my lower back is acheing as I'm listening :/ I cant even appreciate that extra tactile information that I usually relish! Just shooting pain ever 2-3 seconds  

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #56 of 140
  Bad mastering, including the fallout of the Loudness War.

Bingo! Bad mastering gets my goat. I'll add to that bad re-mastering. Why mess with a good thing? I'm looking at you U2: Remastered War and The Unforgettable Fire... more like the unlistenable failure. I can listen to the originals until the cows come home; these just sound awful. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #57 of 140
Pet peeve no. 1 - when a track comes on and there is scratching noise etc because the artist think it's nostalgic and I think there's something wrong with my DAP or headphones. Similarly some artists like to have more than 5 seconds of silence in the middle of a track.
Pet peeve no. 2 (now solved!) - when I'm outside the house listening to my iPhone and CIEMs and a call comes in. With the Creative Sound blaster e3, I am now able to use BT aptX and answer that call.

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #58 of 140
  Know what really pisses me off, when my lower back is acheing as I'm listening :/ I cant even appreciate that extra tactile information that I usually relish! Just shooting pain ever 2-3 seconds  

Wait, you feel "tactile information" in your lower back from headphones?

Bingo! Bad mastering gets my goat. I'll add to that bad re-mastering. Why mess with a good thing? I'm looking at you U2: Remastered War and The Unforgettable Fire... more like the unlistenable failure. I can listen to the originals until the cows come home; these just sound awful. 

Yep, remasters are often hit or miss. Sometimes they improve greatly upon the mistakes of the original, and other times they practically ruin the album.

I heard that many or most CDs are mastered in an inferior way to the studio master, which they don't release until later, if at all.

Pet peeve no. 1 - when a track comes on and there is scratching noise etc because the artist think it's nostalgic and I think there's something wrong with my DAP or headphones. Similarly some artists like to have more than 5 seconds of silence in the middle of a track.
Pet peeve no. 2 (now solved!) - when I'm outside the house listening to my iPhone and CIEMs and a call comes in. With the Creative Sound blaster e3, I am now able to use BT aptX and answer that call.

When what should be the outro of one track is the intro to the next track, and you have to wait for seconds or minutes for the song to start.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #59 of 140
Really annoying:  Mockingbird going nuts in the tree in my backyard just a few feet away from my listening couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back