What pisses you off while you listening music?
Oct 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #61 of 140
  I hate it when I'm listening to something, and someone sneaks up behind me and taps me on the shoulder repeatedly to get my attention. 

Works best when you're watching a movie...

oh gawd and if it's got a good atmosphere an some one scares teh pants off ya 

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #62 of 140
Originally Posted by Mshenay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Know what really pisses me off, when my lower back is acheing as I'm listening :/. . .

Have you been listening to Audeze cans?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Andolink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really annoying:  Mockingbird going nuts in the tree in my backyard just a few feet away from my listening couch.

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkc8Mor9RTc That should take care of your avian problem!

Originally Posted by No_One411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate it when I'm listening to something, and someone sneaks up behind me and taps me on the shoulder. . .

I've actually screamed in situations like that! And I scared my brother, who snuck up behind me.

Time for a paradoxial, time-reversing quote!
Originally Posted by No_One411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My co-workers have found various ways of sneaking up on me when I'm listening to music while working.

Clever girl... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5wryDdEI0

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #63 of 140
     Have you been listening to Audeze cans?
wink.gif

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkc8Mor9RTc That should take care of your avian problem!

I've actually screamed in situations like that! And I scared my brother, who snuck up behind me.

oh gawd and if it's got a good atmosphere an some one scares teh pants off ya 

I use my Paradox Slants which use a variation of the HM5 earpads. Since they compress and basically encompass your ear completely, it isolates very well. 

The isolation it gives you also detracts from your attention to your surroundings when you're working...

My co-workers have found various ways of sneaking up on me when I'm listening to music while working. 

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #64 of 140
I hate it when I'm listening to someone's recommendation to me, and it has a terrible drop.
Not music, but I hate it when I'm watching a YouTube video, and the person panned their voice to the far left.
I'm just sitting there, pulling the cable in an attempt to fix the channel, before I realize the person's just an idiot.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #65 of 140
I hate it when I'm listening to someone's recommendation to me, and it has a terrible drop.
Not music, but I hate it when I'm watching a YouTube video, and the person panned their voice to the far left.
I'm just sitting there, pulling the cable in an attempt to fix the channel, before I realize the person's just an idiot.

It sucks when the audio is slightly panned to the l/r, because then I worry my drivers are starting to crap out. Crossfeed helps...

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #66 of 140

I've definitely noticed something to that affect as well for some videos, and usually am afraid that there is channel imbalance with all my headphones...

Drives me crazy trying to figure out where the problem is.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #67 of 140
Something else I hate:
Sometimes, there are sound in the middle of the song that make me think there is some noise going on in the outside world.  No matter how many times I listen to some of these songs, I never get used to that.

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #68 of 140
  Something else I hate:
Sometimes, there are sound in the middle of the song that make me think there is some noise going on in the outside world.  No matter how many times I listen to some of these songs, I never get used to that.

That happens to me all the time! Like when it sounds like a phone ringing or someone knocking on a door or calling out to you in the background.

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #69 of 140
Ironically, I started buying headphones so I would not get annoyed listening to my mian system. The room is big and relatively open to the rest of the house; can't close a door. With two teenagers, a wife, and four animals distractions are many. Cans pretty much take care of that.

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #70 of 140
Ironically, I started buying headphones so I would not get annoyed listening to my mian system. The room is big and relatively open to the rest of the house; can't close a door. With two teenagers, a wife, and four animals distractions are many. Cans pretty much take care of that.

I'm focusing on headphones because speakers never satisfied me...then again, I've never heard a high-end speaker system.

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #71 of 140

Something else I hate:

That happens to me all the time! Like when it sounds like a phone ringing or someone knocking on a door or calling out to you in the background.

It sounds like someone's calling out to me all the time.  I've never heard a convincing phone ringing or door opening, but I hear that faint sound of some idiot making noise outside the recording area, and the artists always seem to miss that.

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #72 of 140
  It sounds like someone's calling out to me all the time.  I've never heard a convincing phone ringing or door opening, but I hear that faint sound of some idiot making noise outside the recording area, and the artists always seem to miss that.

I've been listening to my headphones (which I usually do while walking to class or on the bus) and suddenly turn my head and look around for a noise I had just heard, which turned out to be my music. People must think I'm weird
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #73 of 140

I've been listening to my headphones (which I usually do while walking to class or on the bus) and suddenly turn my head and look around for a noise I had just heard, which turned out to be my music. People must think I'm weird
biggrin.gif

Someone was in disbelief that I paid $65 for headphones.  I'm just gonna rub the V-Modas in her face, because she commented on the loudness of my current ones.

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #75 of 140
Someone was in disbelief that I paid $65 for headphones.  I'm just gonna rub the V-Modas in her face, because she commented on the loudness of my current ones.

Being the only audiophile in west virginia must be hard :D

I hate it when a band comes on and I get a lose streak in fifa..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back