What music has changed your emotional state?
Nov 16, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
What about Eminem? Believe it or not, I like his music.

prepares to be flamed...

So do I. I haven't heard a great deal of songs by him, but out of the ones I've heard, the majority of them are songs that I like.

Nov 17, 2002 at 5:15 AM Post #35 of 40
to be honest... this one song by strawberry switchblade called "since yesterday" always cheers me up when I am feeling depressed.

Nov 17, 2002 at 5:25 AM Post #36 of 40
Big Star - Holocaust =>
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #39 of 40
I don't like my mood to be changed. I like to wallow, a lot.

When I'm sad, I like Black Sabbath, Joy Division, the Cure and My Dying Bride.

I would dedicate "In My Darkest Hour" by Megadeth to one of my ex-s.

I like Pink Floyd and Crosby Stills and Nash as the depression fades into a suicidal apathy.

Happy music pisses me off. When REM and B52s did music together, I had hits put out on all of them. I make a phone call every time I hear they're still alive. Good help is so hard to find.

I don't like whiney music either. This new angsty punk metal rap crap on the radio makes me wish suicide wasn't just an empty thread from these pop stars. "Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort." Do it, *****. Die. Just get off my radio. I can't turn the channel fast enough without hearing that crap.

Classic jazz and classical makes me feel things, but it varies with my mood which is unpredictable. Usually it's calming, which is important because little else is.

Angry reggae makes me laugh and it shoudln't. I have no sympathy for entertainers.

Love songs make me sick at my stomach. Songs about sex make me irritable that I have to listen to such worthless lyrics just to listen to a rock song.

I like narrative prog rock opera stuff where I get to kick back and listen to an original story about a dumb kid in an arcade or a reincarnated murder victim or anything about overthrowing the government and brainwashing. And I like that Maiden doesn't know how to write anything original so no one can criticize them much for their lyrics. You don't like it? Take it up with Coolridge or Huxly or whomever. Storys are good.

I don't like songs that remind me of anything. If it's a good memory it makes me upset that I'm not having a good time now or the person I was having that one with did something horrible. If it's a bad memory, it's just more wallowing and I'd rather have the Joy Division for that. Really, what's the point of nostalgia. I've left shopping carts full of groceries in stores because they played some sappy song I had to have a memory associated with. Serves em right. I hope the food rotted.

Your favorite band sucks.

Nov 26, 2002 at 2:12 AM Post #40 of 40
I look for music to take me somewhere, ride the notes and fade out into whatever its giving me (whatever that may be). Its not an emotional thing necessarily, but its a state that only music brings.

Big artists and albums that consistently do it are Dylan's stuff through Blood On The Tracks, Joni Mitchell's Blue and Both Sides Now, Wes Montgomery, Tom Waits when he's letting go, The Stones when they go deep into blue rhythms, Robert Johnson's guitar. They take me to a place that, sometimes, is better than the here and now. Corny as it is, other times it just makes the here and now a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back