What music has changed your emotional state?
Oct 24, 2002 at 8:16 AM Post #18 of 40
Just about all the music I have has the ability to change my emotional state, I dont think I would have purchaced it if it didnt make me feel.

Oct 24, 2002 at 11:10 AM Post #19 of 40
Pearl Jam - Alive
Megadeth - A Toute Le Monde
Pantera - Cemetary Gates
Pantera - ****ing Hostile (the polar opposite)
Nine Inch Nails - A Warm Place
Nine Innch Nails - Ruiner
Nine Inch Nails - Gave Up
Live - Lightning Crashes
Counting Crows - Round Here
Nirvana - I hate myself and want to die
Nirvana - All Apologies (so sad, essentially 'Cobains fairwell speech)
REM - Finest Work Song

Oct 24, 2002 at 4:04 PM Post #20 of 40
a while ago, i spent a year coming up with good tracks for one of my most sacred compilations of all time. sadly, at some point i realized that no matter what i thought up, i would not be able to come to any certain configuration because my mood totally selects my music. this is my attempt at my happiest compilation ever made, known as: i feel infinite. songs that make me feel like that (read "the perks of being a wallflower" if you have no idea what i am talking about). a while ago i decided that the best moments/feelings/everythings in life were always a little sad, and this compilation is my attempt at bottling that.

that was the idea anyway. somewhere along the lines, i fuct it up. didn't include a bunch of tracks that i really wanted to include.. oh well, too late now. here it goes:

1. intro, a clip from the movie "office space" (****in' a man.. ****ing. a.)
2. piebald - the sea and a lifesaver
3. pixies - where is my mind?
4. blink182 - pathetic
5. built to spill - car
6. promise ring - jersey shore
7. the ataris - between you and me
8. me first and the gimme gimmes - phantom of the opera song
9. the juliana theory - if i told you this was killing me, would you stop?
10. sunny day real estate - seven
11. radiohead - climbing up the walls
12. modest mouse - all night diner
13. tricky - hell is around the corner
14. nina inch nails - the only time
15. alkaline trio - cooking wine
16. rainer maria - tinfoil
17. dashboard confessional - again i go unnoticed (original solo acoustic version, of course)
18. hum - diffuse
19. smashing pumpkins - muzzle
20. toadies - tyler
21. outro from the movie "snatch" (and i have "desert eagle point five oh" written on the side of mine..)

so anyway, give it a try. i overburn the crap out of 80min cd-r's when i make compilations, just so that the people i give them to can't copy them.
biggrin.gif
or at least, most of them can't.

sorry, i got a little off subject there, but i think i gave a good list of songs that change my emotional state and maybe somebody else will give them a try.

Oct 25, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #21 of 40
Whole albums never work for me. The song The Gauntlet by Dropkick Murphys will always make my mood better.
On some stressful days just about any country song will cause a build up of rage. If I get stuck in a car with country on the radio for over half an hour I feel the urge to kill, kill, kill.

Oct 28, 2002 at 7:54 AM Post #23 of 40
The song 'Come Away With Me' can calm me down in any situation. I think that I'll add that to my birthday list along with the new Coldplay single 'The Scientist' and either 'Interpol - Turn Off the Bright Lights' or 'Foo Fighters - One by One'.

Anyways back on track. I just saw the video for Come Away With Me and it's such a great video. My jaw just dropped.

Nov 3, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 40
Also, I should mention that Ministry's The Land of Rape and Honey has been known to driven a certain friend of mine to say that it is the only album I have ever played that made her want to destroy the CD player.

Nov 14, 2002 at 3:14 AM Post #26 of 40
3 songs that made my day while slaving away in my cubicle this morning:

Falling for You - Weezer (Pinkerton)
Between Strangers - Swing Out Sister (Kaleidoscope World)
Terraplane Blues - Robert Johnson (The Complete Recordings)

Nov 15, 2002 at 10:06 AM Post #30 of 40
Every time I listen to anything by Terry Talbot and Barry McGuire it really lifts my spirits and makes me laugh and smile. They are just two of the most fun loving people you'll ever hear. Their banter back and forth on their live albums is a hoot!! That and the absolutely awesome guitar licks they guys are capable of make for an audio expereince that is quite enjoyable!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back