What matches dark brown pants?
Jan 2, 2010 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Turnaround

100+ Head-Fier

I mean, what color shoes, belt, socks, shirt/sweatshirt matches dark brown pants? Dress or casual.

This is one of those things that I've never been able to get a consensus answer on.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnaround /img/forum/go_quote.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif
Obviously: the skid mark on your underwear.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I just could not resist.
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 35
This is definetly a difficult question. Brown is not a very good color for clothing, except on leather jackets or boots.

Its much easier if we would life in some fantasy world, then its easy: green. All kinds of nature-oriented colors, dark green and brown dominating. Elven stuff that is.

But IRL, brown pants. Damn. Brown shirt might be easier starting point, but pants...

*edit* Lazarus pointed out why brown pants is not a really good idea for clothing.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 35
Black! Quite tastefull colour combination IMO. A nice white shirt would also be a safe choice.

Jan 3, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 35
For brown pants, match with a brown belt and brown shoes. If it's a lighter brown, you can wear a black belt and black shoes as well as dark brown shoes and belt.

For the shirt, go with a plain white. White works with anything. You can also try cream, eggshell, tan, etc. shirts to match.

And I think brown is a terrific color to wear. Not quite as formal as navy, gray or black, but it is conservative and looks good on pretty much anyone.

Jan 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 35
white, black, beige, tan, any shade of brown, orange depending how u work it, sometimes pink depending on the shade of brown and how you mix it, yellow depending,coral.

If you work it right, anything up to 3 colours in the yellow to brown range of the spectrum....not the green to blue/violet side.

Jan 3, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #11 of 35
I would go a sandy color. It would look quite nice.

Jan 3, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #13 of 35
Hummus.

Depends on your eyes.

If you can pull off a yellow shirt, go with a brown coat and brown shoes.

Casual, it doesn't matter.

Formal, you're rather restricted.

For best results, ask someone you are attracted to.

This thread is worthless without pictures.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #14 of 35
For the shirt, I'm seeing a lighter blue color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back