What makes good podcast headphones?
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

gmreplay

New Head-Fier
Most of the testing done around here focuses on music. However, being a weird guy, I listen to podcasts all day long and rarely listen to music. Are there certain models of headphone that are particularly adept at reproducing accurate, full sounding human speech? What should I look for in headphones to get the best podcast experience? 

I own the AD-700, JVC HARX700 and the Meelectronics M9, all of which do just a so-so job of reproducing speech. It just never feels quite as warm or full as I expect. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 12
I use my DT1350s to listen to podcasts all the time on the train or bus,  they're my all purpose portables though, great isolation.   At home I usually use Denon D1001s in bed because they're comfortable enough to fall asleep wearing and small enough not to get in the way.  I have AD700s as well, but I rarely use them for podcasts.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #9 of 12
The V-Moda M-80 are fairly rich and full, and don't require a dedicated amp.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 12
Probably something flat, or somewhat mid-forward. I listen to podcasts all the time at work, and I definitely prefer my SE215's over my M6's because the voices have more body to them, instead of sounding distant and muffled. The highs are also very smooth, which helps when people don't have their mics set up correctly (or like to yell randomly). Not sure about the over-ear or on-ear equivalent to that would be, though.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #12 of 12
Most of the testing done around here focuses on music. However, being a weird guy, I listen to podcasts all day long and rarely listen to music. Are there certain models of podcast headphones that are particularly adept at reproducing accurate, full sounding human speech? What should I look for in headphones to get the best podcast experience?

I own the AD-700, JVC HARX700 and the Meelectronics M9, all of which do just a so-so job of reproducing speech. It just never feels quite as warm or full as I expect.
Podcasts have become a very popular way to gain information, entertainment and listen to virtually any topic under the sun with just a click of a button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back